Comparables - Posted by Michelle in Georgia

Posted by Reif on January 04, 1999 at 14:01:02:

. . . you might as well get someone who will do the work.

I’m just a new guy, but if the listing agent is just in it for the three percent, and six is coming out of the price anyway, get an agent who will work for you, and save yourself some legwork.

My $.02.

Reif

Comparables - Posted by Michelle in Georgia

Posted by Michelle in Georgia on January 04, 1999 at 11:13:35:

Boy, real estate agents in Georgia are certainly different from agents in Alabama. I saw a listing for 6 REOs in the newspaper and ask the listing agent if she could get some comparables for me and she told me that she doesn’t want to do all that work.

Other than making the trip down to the court house ( I work full time) is there a way that I can get comparables in tax info on properties?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Comparables - Posted by Michelle in Georgia

Posted by Michelle in Georgia on January 05, 1999 at 19:05:58:

Thanks Everybody!

Re: Comparables - Posted by Michelle in Georgia

Posted by Michelle in Georgia on January 05, 1999 at 19:00:17:

Thanks Everybody!

Re: Comparables - Posted by Tim in Atlanta

Posted by Tim in Atlanta on January 05, 1999 at 08:53:00:

I have found that if I call the tax commissioner in the county that the property is in, they will give me the assessed value and the last purchase price over the phone. This will get you started in finding out what the property is worth, but nothing replaces finding good comps. I would also recommend finding a new realtor.

Re: Comparables - Posted by Warner

Posted by Warner on January 04, 1999 at 17:59:08:

Michelle, if you are in the Atlanta area, you can get tax
info along with comparable sale info on CD-ROM. Two companies that carry it are MapMerge and Magellan. Email me and I will give you the particulars.

Or… - Posted by LHoffman

Posted by LHoffman on January 04, 1999 at 12:20:16:

you could go to www.dataquick.com. They charge $10.00, but well worth it. Even better, why dont you offer the Realtor $50 for his/her time.

LHoffman

Re: Comparables - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 04, 1999 at 12:03:48:

Michelle,
If you look for another realtor you will probably have better luck. I buy REO’s all the time and I do not deal with the listing agents. I know most of the ones who have a lot of REO’s and they know me. They are like warehouses for these properties and are not interested in doing the leg work to get you the info you need. Find another realtor who specializes in selling homes and they will be happy to get you the info you need.

SCook85

Re: Comparables - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 06, 1999 at 10:46:40:

Warner-

I’m pursuing this with my counties assessor’s office now. They provide tax data on CDs. Do you use this to do comps? Is it easily searchable…excel spreadsheet?

Stacy