Comparitive market analysis - Posted by Rob (IN)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 29, 2002 at 22:01:43:

Rob–(IN)------------------

I suggest that you acquaint yourself with the market values of properties in your area. Bill Green recommends in “Think Like a Tycoon” to look at a hundred houses that are for sale. Then follow up to see for what they sold. If you do this, you will have a very good idea of market value.

You can also look up properties on the MLS by looking at realtor.com. This might give you some indication of the market value. However, it is only properties on the market, not those that have sold.

Most assessor’s offices I have been in have information about property sales and prices. Ask them.

Good InvestingRon Starr****

Comparitive market analysis - Posted by Rob (IN)

Posted by Rob (IN) on January 29, 2002 at 12:06:10:

How does everyone approach performing a CMA on a property? Appraisals seem to indicate what the property is valued at, and not what a person will pay for it in a particular market. I contacted several real estate agents and offered to pay them for this service, but all indicate it was illegal to offer a CMA for someone not working with them.

Do RE agents/brokers have that restiction? What does everyone else do to get a good CMA?

Thanks,
Rob