Concerns us all! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Rob FL on February 25, 1999 at 21:55:39:

Review the auction file in the sheriff’s office. It will show which junior lienholders were foreclosed out and who got proper notice.

Concerns us all! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on February 25, 1999 at 18:29:10:

Does a “Department of Justice” lien survive (on a house) after a Sherriff’s Sale like an IRS lien does?

This may not matter but…
This guy was sentenced for embezelment, the fine (listed as restitution, in this case) is $3,000 (fine), then they list $600 (Assessment).
What is the meaning (here) of "assessment?

And another thing…
He (prisoner) took out a second mortgage on the house in 1993, it’s not cancled. I called all over the country trying to find out what their plans were, ie. buy the first mtg., give up on it or sell their note. After calling all over the place locally I called MS., TN., and other offices out of state trying to get an answer… I gave up. No one knew where else to send me for my answer.
(I think I know the answer to this next question.) If that note holder has not been “notified” properly, Do they still have a “lein” on the property?
Here is the kicker. How does a person find out if all of the lien holders were given “proper (legal) notice”?

Thanks in advance for your helping not only me, but every reader on this board.

Lee