Condo investing books/courses - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 28, 2003 at 21:16:25:

I went to Barnes & Noble to buy “How to Probate & Settle an Estate in FL” (Sphinx Legal) by Gudrun Nickel, and I saw the book you recommended and figured I’d ask here to get the title of a better choice.

Should’a picked it up there & then.

Condo investing books/courses - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 27, 2003 at 20:17:36:

So I’m talking to this guy at the gym the other day and he’s telling me through gritted teeth his ex-wife is making a fortune in condos.

She’s telling him she’s buying really low and fixing them up to sell or rent. Nothing fancy here. I’m thinking the rehabs are mostly paint & carpet - again, not many rehabmares in this area.

Seems like there might not be as much competition in this nitch play as in other areas.

Now I know the obvious differences between REI in SFHs and condos but if anyone knows of a good book or two, I’d appreciate the lead.

BTW, I realize his ex might be blowing smoke just to rub the salt in.

Re: Condo investing books/courses - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on October 28, 2003 at 05:16:26:

Hank,

I have made some cash that way in conods. The only problem I ever had with condos is the “special assessments” and the monthly maintenance fee. They can really eat into your cash flow if you are renting them out.

The thing I like about condos is here in Florida once you put them on the market they are pretty easy to sell…from my experience anyway.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Condo investing books/courses - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on October 27, 2003 at 21:16:17:

Book “How to Invest in Condominiums” by Andris Virsnieks

and yes the bank was small like 15 offices.