confused about branching out - Posted by Sean

Posted by Redline on March 30, 2006 at 24:59:52:

Well, there are deals everywhere but surely in some places they are a bit easier to come by than others. People might disagree with that but that’s my opinion.

As for going to other areas, you need to learn those areas. Hook up with the local REIA there and meet people. Find out what they are doing and where they are doing it. Pick what sounds good to you and explore.

Call on for sale signs, talk to sellers, get to know the neighborhood. It’s not hard but it takes work.

RL

confused about branching out - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on March 29, 2006 at 15:13:33:

I am a small investor. I have rehabed and flipped houses in my area, keeping some w/good cash flow . They where easy to find ,seams like they found me. Due to such high demand wholesale properties in this area are a thing of the past, or at least i am lost. I want to branch out to different counties or states but that is where the confusion starts. I understand many creative ways to purchase property but am very confused about wich areas to focus on. Somebodey told me with cre.online and what I know, could be all i need. Is ther any advice to get me out of town

Re: confused about branching out - Posted by Gene

Posted by Gene on March 30, 2006 at 12:55:03:

Where are you located?

Many markets have topped out, and are likely to go down. I am in CA and I am finding it very hard to find deals that make sence.

I still happen to find some, but it is much harder than before. I pretty much need discounts of 40% to feel secure. The good news is that the market is shiffing pretty fast and I think there will be tons of good deals very soon.

I recommend studying up on forclosures. I think there will be a ton very soon. There is a lot of bad loans out there and many will fall thru.

Gene