Conundrum - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 14, 2002 at 22:49:15:

…liens and conducting sales based thereon. Sorry, I wasn’t clear about this. In this case originally only the PM has a right to conduct a lien sale for back space rent. He can sell or assign such a right to Steve if he chooses, then Steve could do it. See another post above, titled “I get it because I am quicker than any one else, yak yak yak” this will explain a little better some tactics that may be useful.

Regards, doc

Conundrum - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on April 13, 2002 at 10:00:04:

Try this word problem on for size:

PM calls me (Gosh I love that part!!!):

An elderly tenant has vacated her SW in the park - she has been placed in a care facility. PM describes the MH as in good condition, a cute place. The MH is free and clear, title in tenant’s name, no taxes due and rent is paid, except for the current month. The care facility administrator says she is in no condition to make a decision regarding sale (turnover?) of the home, but the local mental health authorities are getting involved to help with this issue.

PM sees the future of the home as being signed over to my business. It may have to go through the hoops of turnover to the State (who doesn’t want it), and/or landlord’s lien to the Park, but the PM wants me to get it, so we all want to stay away from that LL public auction thing.

What can I do to grease the skids here? Anything? Or is it best to just lie low and what happens, happens? BTW, I am going over to pick my way in (with PM permission) today to see the place.

We don’t mention conundrums: not an adult website - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 14, 2002 at 12:01:44:

Steve, you have no choice but to do a lien sale. If you delay what will happen is the care facility will put a $50,000 lien on all of her real and personal property and the state will end up with it. They will not likely even pay the space rent. Then later the park will still have to do a lien sale, but this time there will be a couple of grand owing and the PM will lose his derriere. The PM is trying to help you. You do the same for him. A stich in time saves…
…you both from getting ripped.

Warning. the PM may not have the authority to give you the authority to enter the mobile. B&E is a crime. Take care.

Regrds, doc

How does Steve file a lien? - Posted by djswett

Posted by djswett on April 14, 2002 at 17:10:28:

Hi Doc, you have got to type slowly for me on this point so that I can understand the technique.

How does Steve file a lien against the elderly person’s abandoned MH? Did I miss something? Does he have some kind of equity interest in the park?

DJ