convention and new investors - Posted by Bryce(ID)

Posted by SueC on March 05, 2001 at 11:30:01:

Ted, can you provide a specific or two? I am so on the fence. I understand it might be a good motivation builder, but I think I probably have enough info right now to do deals, so I’m still having trouble justifying the cost. Especially to my husband! I mean, as he asked me last night, what’s the “conversion rate”? (he used to do radio sales!) Did you do some deals you wouldn’t have done or known how to do as a result of going? How did your business improve?

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Everyone is saying how great the convention is, but I’m hoping to get some specifics.

convention and new investors - Posted by Bryce(ID)

Posted by Bryce(ID) on February 27, 2001 at 13:28:45:

I have a question concerning the convention as it relates to new investors. Did any of you find that the information was too hard to follow or too in-depth for a new investor? Or as I suspect the atmosphere and learning is too great to pass up. I absolutely would like to be there, and bring my wife(and partner) along.

I have been reading on this site for about 3 months and have found the information to be incredible. In fact the only thing greater has been the enthusiasim and helpfullness
of almost every response to a question. I find that Ed Garcia has a genuine concern for every investor that he responds to. I bought two courses and have been through them twice and read every article and think its time to begin. I have many questions that are deal-specific and would like to have as much knowledge as possible before I
make an offer. However, I am going ahead with the idea that
the first one may not be ideally structured, but with a good positive, at least it will be behind me. So thanks to all of you on this site that have been blessed with a heart for sharing, and encouraging others.

Anyway…Back to my question abvout the convention. If anyone has the time to say how it was for them as a new(not necessarily young) investor, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Bryce

Re: convention and new investors - Posted by Ted

Posted by Ted on February 28, 2001 at 09:58:39:

I was in your shoes last year. I had done some reading here and decided to go to the convention. The best description I can give you is that I felt like a sponge. I was so saturated that first day, I went the rest of the way in a coma state. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. I told my wife I was going again this year and she wanted to know why. I told here that I’m going back to get what I missed!! I went in with very, very little knowledge. What it gave me was life changing. Don’t miss it. See you there!
Ted