Convention goers with rei websites... - Posted by HR

Posted by ken in sc on March 20, 2002 at 09:31:06:

Like I said, I wrote the script. Paid $500 which includes one year maintenance. The web guy is going to train me to maintain it myself during the year. He says it is easy. We will see. My web guy is just a small local person who actually works at a cmputer company and does this n the side. The bigger firms charge more. He says any high school kid could do this it is so easy.

Thanks for checking it out. Any ideas for improvement?

Ken

Convention goers with rei websites… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 20, 2002 at 07:08:33:

I’m interested in getting together with other convention goers who already have a real estate investing website up and going. I’m hoping we can learn from each other’s experiences. I will post a notice of a meeting on the bulletin board by the main meeting room. If you have a website and want to participate, why don’t you reply and add your name so I will know who to look for.

Hal Roark aka HR

Re: Convention goers with rei websites… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 20, 2002 at 18:58:55:

I’ve enjoyed your posts for a long time, and would have enjoyed meeting you I’m sure. But will not be at the convention.

David Krulac

I’m in and leaving soon… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 20, 2002 at 08:24:10:

I’d like to participate. I had hoped to have my new totally revised site up and running by the convention, but it keeps getting de-prioritized.

I’m going to was philosophical a bit, so if you’re not interested, please bow out now. My plane leaves in a few hours. Wife and kids headed off to work and school about an hour ago. I’m sitting here jamming to the Arc Angels (Sweet Nadine currently for any fans) and feeling the adrenalin rush begin to surge. The house is vibrating with the volume level and my body’s swaying as I type.

I was in serious need of this recharge. I recently visited the new headquarters of the company I left about a year and half ago. Even folks at the level I was at and a level higher now reside in cubicles. Standing at the end of the convention-sized room staring over the top of the cubes (must be one hundred of them stacked together) for the financial folks provided a well-needed perspective adjustment.

Now, we’re on to “Gonna Have a Good Time” - seems appropriate. For those on the fence as to whether or not this biz is worth it, the answer is a resounding “YES”! How do I put a price on being able to attend soccer games and now T-Ball games that I would never have seen? It’s simple, I can’t.

It ain’t easy, but that makes the triumphs all the more sweet. I was able to stay home with my 4 and 5 year old boys last week during Spring Break. My wife was able to save sick/vacation days for our trip to Virginia Beach this summer. It’s the middle of the week and I’m typing a post for a newsgroup, able to arrive a day early to the convention and leave a day later. No worries.

Plan your work and work your plan. You can get there. For those that don’t know me, I’m nowhere near my definition of financial freedom just in case someone’s misled by my words. However, I did want to share some of the thoughts and benefits you have when you do this biz full-time. There are moments of total clarity and joy when I give pause and consideration to my choices over the last few years. Keep the faith, as I will. See you in Atlanta.

Great Idea - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 20, 2002 at 07:24:08:

Count me in. My website has been up for one week and still needs plenty of work. I have not yet added all my houses and my logo does not fit correctly. And there areplenty of other things I want to change to spruce it up. I have received an email inquiry via the site though! If you have a chance, go to

www.theholmescompany.com

and let me know what you think.

One question. Are we going to be talking about how to set them up, in other words how to actually do them? Because while I wrote the script, I know little about the inner workings of a computer and have hired someone to do all that. I would be more interested in what works on a web page to promote business (Making $$$$!) not computer speak that I won’t understand.

See you there - Ken Holmes

Thanks for the compliment… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 20, 2002 at 21:14:06:

I, too, hope we meet some time in the future. Keep up the good posts.

Cheers,

Hal

Well Said nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 20, 2002 at 08:41:17:

nt.

Re: Great Idea - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on March 21, 2002 at 01:28:41:

Ken,

Your website is a great starting place!

But under the “Houses for sale” catagory, there are two things that ought to be changed. It states:

“Rent to own with a low downpayment and monthly rent of $895 which includes taxes and insurance”.

When you use the term “rent to own” there shouldn’t be any reference to a “down payment” as this is not a sale. Also you shouldn’t mention anything about “taxes and insurance” being included.

It might be better to simply say, “only a 3% option consideration fee is required” . . . or something that does not indicate a “down payment” is expected. Something like this might even pre-qualify folks so you don’t spend all your time on the phone.

You could even say, “Rent to own with low option consideration and monthly rent of $895”. “Low option consideration” being somewhere between 3% to 5% of the property value.

Although you may charge high enough monthly payments to cover the tax and insurance expenses, they are not the “obligation” of the tenant buyer, as is implied when you say these costs are included in the monthly payments.

Brad

Putting on My Ole Web Marketing hat… - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on March 20, 2002 at 14:00:19:

Ken,

The site has a good over all feel.

Here are some sugestions for you.

Most people want to deal with people, Tell us who you are, and become real to the reader.

By having a company name as you do shows that you are taking a professional aproach to your business.

Have a Real Address on your website (street address) on the contact page or on the about us page.

It is a plus that you can handle many different situations… but in my reading it was not clear what your most wanted response was E-mail?? Fax?? Phone call ??

Instruct the visitor how you want them to respond. And when. Click here now

Give the reader a reason to be included in your data base free e-book, market update letter, etc…

Put your picture on the site somewhere. self generated fame works well when meeting strangers at mc donalds that way they know who they are looking for.

Hope that helps

Mark

Ken Just Checked Your Site - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 20, 2002 at 08:13:08:

Looks great to me.

I like when you bring up one of your properties you can then click on the " need directions " and a map pops up aiding the buyer or renter in locating the house. Saves both you and the potential customer time and energy.

Re: Great Idea - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 20, 2002 at 08:13:06:

Great website! Who did it?
Was the price resonable? Do you do the updating?
Thanks,
Dee-Texas

thanks for your comments! NT - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 21, 2002 at 07:12:17:

nt