County recorder's office - Posted by Lesley

Posted by AL (Ohio) on June 25, 2000 at 17:31:40:

My wife is a licensed real estate agent, and can pull up the information that I need. It is simple to do. I also understand that other real estate professionals can get access to it, appraisers, banks, etc. I don’t remember how much the cost is to get on it, as this is within her yearly dues.

fyi,

AL

County recorder’s office - Posted by Lesley

Posted by Lesley on June 22, 2000 at 23:26:29:

Anybody know of any sites that provide this public information online? Or will I have to visit my local county recorder’s office. Thanks again my friends!

My county’s info is online… - Posted by AL (Ohio)

Posted by AL (Ohio) on June 23, 2000 at 24:00:17:

And it is not worthless. Just like it is still available at the courthouse, and a vast majority of people I work with, did not know this information was public record. I work with engineers and other very sharp individuals, they just didn’t know, as this was not a concern for them.

You can make a call and find out if the information is online.

Also, you might be able to get onto an MLS system, dependent upon how much money you are willing to put out for it. I have access to this as well.

The tax accessor’s office is where the information I need is located, pertaining to who owns what where, and how much they bought it for, what taxes are owed, etc.

Sometimes the county tax accessor’s office will put the information out on CD. So, that might be another possibility.

fyi,

Re: County recorder’s office - Posted by george

Posted by george on June 22, 2000 at 23:37:29:

I hope that your public info is not online, if it is it means everyone can get it and that it is therefore worthless.

Re: My county’s info is online… - Posted by Donna

Posted by Donna on June 24, 2000 at 11:24:07:

How did you get access to MLS and what can we expect that to cost?

Re: County recorder’s office - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on June 24, 2000 at 24:49:05:

Let me see if I understand you. If data is not online, and I have to go to the courthouse to get it, it’s valuable. However, if I can get the same data online without making a trip to the courthouse, it’s worthless? How do ya figure?

Huh? - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 23, 2000 at 15:13:42:

George,

Whether it’s online or not, it’s public information. Everyone can get it in any event.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)