Course recommendation - Posted by Terry

Posted by HR on March 09, 2000 at 02:53:46:

Kenny,

I just posted to your “Bull” comment above, and then read this post. You are getting a bit dogmatic for my tastes. I would strongly disagree with your “it’s the only way to go” comment. In fact, if CS is the only way one goes, one is probably going down.

Imho, one absolutely should educate oneself concerning other avenues and techniques of rei. CS is a start; there are others out there, though, whose ideas are more profitable with less risk than CS. Because of this, I judge them “better” than CS.

You should seriously consider investing in these others you so easily disparage. You might find a few more profitable techniques to add to your deal-making techniques list.

HR

Course recommendation - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on February 25, 2000 at 17:00:08:

Now that I have finally come up with the money to buy a course…the next question is, what course should I buy. I want to start out by flipping properties and then progress onto rehabbing. With that in mind, what course would some of you recommend purchasing? Of course, they all sound good and since I can only afford to purchase one now, I want to make a wise choice. Thanks in advance for your help!

Terry

Re: Course recommendation - Posted by GregAL

Posted by GregAL on March 04, 2000 at 20:16:16:

I agree with the recommendations of b. garrison. Legrand, Bronchick and Kaiser are top rate. I don’t care for Sheets at all personally but some would disagree. The “Gurus” that I mentioned all have materials available on this site and I would recommend them all.

Legrand, Kaiser, Bronchick, & Wittenmyer. - Posted by b. garrison

Posted by b. garrison on February 27, 2000 at 21:32:32:

Buy the ones I mentioned above.

Do NOT buy anything from Diamond, Britton, Sheets, Cook, and all the others.

Legrand, Kaiser, Bronchick, & Wittenmyer are top rate.

Re: Course recommendation - Posted by Jan Hoopengarner

Posted by Jan Hoopengarner on February 25, 2000 at 18:58:43:

I found Carleton Sheets course good value for your money, after taking several courses. BUT all of the courses are worthless if you don’t take action. It took me a while to actually get into real estate and with the help of a friend and now partner we were able to purchase 4 properties in less than 7 months.

Bull !!! - Posted by Kenny

Posted by Kenny on March 02, 2000 at 14:03:16:

Hey B Garrison!

Some of the best courses available are from Carleton Sheets, Claude Diamond, and especially Scott Britton! Who are listening to my friend? I never even heard of those so called Gurus you mentioned earlier!! Are these guys your garage gurus or did you make up their alias’ They need to appear on TV before they are any good! Carleton has been on over 15 yrs!!! I have never ever seen those others!

Get Real, and Terry get educated using Carleton Sheets Program. The man is a winner, and you will be too!

Kenny

Bravo! - Posted by Kenny

Posted by Kenny on March 02, 2000 at 14:06:20:

Thank You Jan!

Terry, you see it all boils down to listening to people who know. People who actually bought the material, and people who made it work!

Carleton Sheets Course is the only way to go! Just Do It! and we’ll be reading your success stories soon.

Best of Luck to the Sheets Team

Kenny

TV is hardly the barometer for success - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 09, 2000 at 02:45:17:

Kenny,

I agree that B Garrison threw some names in his list that I would not have left off. I like Scott Britton and his materials, and I have CS stuff. I can’t comment on Diamond.

You are passionately supporting folks you like, and I respect that. I disagree with some of your comments, though.

First, appearance on TV is absolutely unimportant. In fact, if anything, it may be a pink flag (not quite a red one) that the person’s materials are probably inferior to what is generally available in the market.
Kaiser, Bronchick, LeGrand, and Wittenmeyer are all excellent. Their materials are more for the beginning to intermediate level investor, but they are top notch. In fact, they are better than CS.

I do agree with you that CS, though, offers a good solid beginning education. I think CS is a good value for the price. I wouldent stop attending school after I had finished elementary school, though, and that’s where the other pros come in.

Sounds like you have had success with CS. What has it been?

HR