Courses or techniques most useful in a sellers market. - Posted by Roy

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on January 29, 2000 at 23:15:00:

Where do you play at in Austin? I am there often and would love to hear country and rockabilly music.
Terry

Courses or techniques most useful in a sellers market. - Posted by Roy

Posted by Roy on January 29, 2000 at 21:48:31:

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions about particular courses or books that address methods best suited for use in a hot sellers market? I realize that almost any concept (in the hands of an expert) can be effective in almost any environment. But I assume that some real estate investment techniques or methods are better suited for a strong sellers market than a buyers market.

Roy

Re: Courses or techniques most useful in a sellers market. - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on January 29, 2000 at 22:07:16:

Roy,

There are no magic bullets. Just remember, if you focus on motivated sellers, you can make things happen in any marketplace.

Owners in foreclosure don’t care if things are booming . . . they just know they’ve got a problem bigger than they can handle. Landlords in the middle of an ugly eviction may just decide to get out of this rental business right now, and if you’re inquiry just happens to show up at the moment of their discontent, boom, good things happen.

Sure, it may be tougher in a seller’s market, but since we’re more concerned about looking for sellers and not so much about looking for houses, it doesn’t make a whole lot of difference.

Joe

Re: Courses or techniques most useful in a sellers market. - Posted by Roy

Posted by Roy on January 29, 2000 at 22:29:41:

Thanks for your response to my posting. Actually, I bought your foreclosure course last week. Very good, down to earth course. And Texas is also a trust state so it matches with well with the course. I’ll be hitting the country courthouse next week to get familiar with the paperwork records.

I guess I should have framed my question as " Are there any techniques that are less effective than others in a sellers market?" I realize there is no magic bullet but I would prefer to concentrate my efforts on methods that make the most sense given my area.

If you are ever in Austin and want to do the music scene, let me know. By training, I am a Chemical Engineer with a Master’s degree in Science and Technology Commercialization and a former nuclear sub officer but in my other indentity I play upright bass with country and rockabilly bands in Austin.

Thanks,

Roy