Deal or no deal - Posted by Ray (near Atlanta)

Posted by Ray (near Atlanta) on March 13, 2002 at 07:42:23:

Thanks for your quick response. I have read DOW and will also be attending Lonnie’s workshop at the convention. The two mentioned MH’s have repairs that require a certain amount of past experience to “ballpark” the cost factor and I don’t have that to fall back on. Thanks again,Ray

Deal or no deal - Posted by Ray (near Atlanta)

Posted by Ray (near Atlanta) on March 13, 2002 at 07:00:57:

Looking for some expertise from you seasoned veterans if you would be so kind. I’m looking at a 1986 Champion DW,28x48,3/2,with masonite siding. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the siding has absorbed water on the edges and should be replaced, and the outside painted. Only small appearance repairs on the inside. Also looking at 1990 14x70,2/2 that has all the floor covering pulled out, needs front door and paint inside and out. Do any of you have an educated guess on these values located in the Atlanta area? I am a newbie but will be attending the upcoming convention. Any help or assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Deal or no deal - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on March 13, 2002 at 07:20:29:

Ray,

There are great number of location specific factors that will determine the price you will want to pay. Anyone can suggest an opinion on what they might pay in their area but this number may not serve you well or be realistic.

The primary concern as an investor is how long will it take for you to get your money back, and how much will your money earn. It comes down to cashflow.

I highly recommend that you order Lonnie’s Book “Deals On Wheels” prior to the convention. It will put you where you want to be. It will give you the insite into the more specific questions you will have when you meet Lonnie at the end of this month.

Lonnie’s book tells you exactly how to price these homes for investment purposes. Any attempt to teach you this in one post would do you a great disservice.

That book only costs about $30 at this site. I promise you that has been invaluable to myself and many of those who post here.

That book will provide you the education you need to protect yourself and make great investments.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA