deed transfers - Posted by Donna

Posted by John Merchant on November 02, 2003 at 21:48:51:

Lots of legal issues that you’re plainly not equipped to handle sans lawyer, so get this to a lawyer asap so as not to lose everything…any lawyer on the other side would LOVE to see you coming unarmed and would eat you alive.

deed transfers - Posted by Donna

Posted by Donna on October 29, 2003 at 07:51:43:

I was awarded to properties after divorce. The marital residence and a commercial property. My x got two commercial properties. After the inquest My lawyer sent me transfer of deed papers along with a lien on my marital property for 200K. I wanted a title search done on all properties earlier, but it was never done. I refuse to transfer deeds and my x is now suing me. I am going to court without a lawyer. If I take his name off my property - does the lien come off? I was also told by the person holding the lien that all the properties have liens on them. They are going to trial over this lien (my x and the supply company). Can they transfer the deeds without my signature? The commercial property has a satisfaction of mortgage. BBut in the settlement he states that there is an obligation to pay a person $2300 a month cash for the next 5 years - I stated I wanted to see the note - never did. My x is suing me - not the person I am suppose to pay. Can I loose this property to this person if I don’t pay him if all was done with a handshake. Can he file a judgement against me.