Design cards & flyers for your market - Posted by Robert (Houston,TX)

Posted by DougO on May 01, 2000 at 16:08:18:

I solved that problem w/o even knowing it, I married a Mexicana! What you say is true, and not only do you need to learn Spanish, you need to learn the customs and how they like to do business. I am farily lucky, my wife handles all of our Hispanic Customers. Many had no idea about interest, insurance, taxes, etc. So we teach them, help them, and in general do quite a bit of hand holding. For the most part, I find they are very good customers, it makes sense to adjust your marketing program to accomodate. I am the first one to say that anyone living in the USA should be learning English, but I am also willing to help those that are trying to help themselves.

Buena Suerte

Doug

Design cards & flyers for your market - Posted by Robert (Houston,TX)

Posted by Robert (Houston,TX) on April 30, 2000 at 14:00:12:

Hi all,

Boy, what a realization yesterday when a bilingual Hispanic gentleman said to me “The reason I’m the only one calling you is because no one else could read the flyer”.
BAM, it hit me. If I expect to deal in mobile homes, I had better learn enough about the largest part of my market, which is Hispanic, and cater to there limitations in order to satisfy there needs. So now I’ll include, in spanish, a reflection of the english version in order to solve the language barrier problem, and learn to speak spanish. I’ve always wanted to become bilingual (or trilingual) anyway. So now seems to be as good a time as any to get started.
Hope this helps others avoid this silly oversite.

Good “Luck”
Robert