Disounts This Weekend - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 27, 2007 at 21:33:15:

I DO wish you luck, Bill! Between the trailers & the RTO my bet is you are maximizing your opportunities. Keep us posted, as I know there are others here interested in both parks & RTO.

Tye

Disounts This Weekend - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 25, 2007 at 18:14:57:

Big Lot’s & Lowe’s (!) are both offering a 10% discount this weekend to members of the military (retired OK) & their families. If you don’t qualify, perhaps a friend or relative would like to join you on a shopping trip–

Tye

Re: Disounts This Weekend - Posted by bill russell

Posted by bill russell on May 26, 2007 at 20:53:05:

Hey Sailor. Ever rto any buildings? grin

Re: Disounts This Weekend - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on May 27, 2007 at 10:45:25:

Hey, Bill! I did rent a storage shed, & did a RTO on a fireplace. If I don’t sell my park, I’d definitely like to do more RTO deals. What I’d really like to do in the MHP is finance new siding, but I’m definitely open to following your lead on RTO.

For those who aren’t familiar w/RTO, it means rent-to-own, which is what we do on trailers. RTO on other items, like storage sheds, creates an additional profit center from your existing customer base. Bill has really gone to town making $$$ on sheds,

The RTO notion is particularly appealing for those situations where, oh no, the buyer actually paid off the MH. In those cases, remember that you’ve already trained the buyer to pay you monthly, so it can be as simple as finding out what’s next on the buy list.

I also like the fact that whether it is a shed, furniture or a computer, that it keeps the Rent-A-Center truck from running over my plumbing lines, while @ the same time, puts $$$ in my pocket.

If anyone wants an example to see if this is something you want to pursue, here’s my RTO fireplace figures: (A) purchase $150 (on sale @ Lowe’s 3rd week of Jan); (B) sales price $495; (C) document fee $35; (D) down payment $21; (E) 37 monthly payments of $17. Here’s a photo link:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sailorpics

Photo is in the $17 Mo. Fireplace Album.

LMK, folks, if you think it’s not worth the work for $17 a month–

Tye

Re: Disounts This Weekend - Posted by bill russell

Posted by bill russell on May 27, 2007 at 18:50:31:

Coolbeans Sailor, rto’s are an excellent bet!!!
Steve Case invited me to begin a thread on the rto’n
of portable buildings, and we’ve had little action. So finally, maybe, I’ll get out that E Book this summer. I’m back in the park business again, grin, wish me luck. grin