Do I need to have a R/E license to ?flip? to a homebuyer that will occupy the property? - Posted by Rik NJ

Posted by CarolFL on April 15, 1999 at 09:53:40:

That’s the answer. Understand that ‘flipping a contract’ is even more removed from selling RE which you do not own, for someone else, and receiving a commission from them for it than would be selling the house to which you had taken title. Unless otherwise precluded by your contract, which should read " and/or assigns", that contract - not the RE itself - is what you are selling. So, why then would you need a RE broker’s licence? You can sell the contract, unless it is precluded within the contract, to whomever you chose… investor, or owner/occ.

I am not an atty, nor realtor, but unless your state has different laws than ours, I am quite sure you’ll find this to be the case.

Good luck-
Carol

Do I need to have a R/E license to ?flip? to a homebuyer that will occupy the property? - Posted by Rik NJ

Posted by Rik NJ on April 15, 1999 at 09:29:50:

I would like to know if I could flip a contract to an end user not an investor without needing a R/E license. Can I do that or is that crossing the line?

Thanks,

Rik NJ