DO NOT DO REI YOU WILL GO TO PRISON - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by Marti on July 22, 2002 at 23:44:15:

Look out for the entire state of Arkansas!! They’re hard on creative REI! :slight_smile:

DO NOT DO REI YOU WILL GO TO PRISON - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by waynepdx on July 13, 2002 at 21:39:49:

I would like to say that you should not do any creative real estate.

Do not do lease/options.
Do not do Subject 2’s.
Do not do Wrap around mortgages.
Do not do Contract for Deeds.
Do not do any other type of creative real estate.

And if you live in the Portland, OR area. Well especially do not attempt to do them here. I just dont want to see anyone get in any trouble or go to prison.

If you do find a motivated seller in the Portland, OR area where one of the creative selling techniques work.

You should call me and I will go talk with the seller and explain to them how different types of deals work and let you know what the result is.

Now remember, this stuff does not work in your area and you may get in big trouble, so call me and I will help you fill out the forms for government assistance and teach you how to read a bus schedule so you can save more money by not driving to work at your job everyday for the next 60 years.

Are you saying it doesn’t work ANYWHERE? - Posted by Jill

Posted by Jill on July 16, 2002 at 10:45:24:

I’m confused by the original post in this thread.

Are you saying creative REI does not work ANYWHERE or that it does not work in specific area? Illegal in certain areas?

Surely it works somewhere or there wouldn’t be tons of message boards, books, videos, tapes, courses about it.

Could someone clarify please?

And how would one go about determining if these types of creative deals are or are not legal in their area? I’ve learned from experience in other businesses if you call the business license office in town they don’t necessarily know. I’ve been told I could not do certain things by their people on the phone, but when I read the ordinances it was clear that I could do what I wanted – so either the people don’t know what they’re talking about, don’t care to listen to the caller’s situation and comprehend, I don’t know.

Re: DO NOT DO REI YOU WILL GO TO PRISON - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 16, 2002 at 08:02:02:

It doesn’t work in Ohio either, especially not anywhere within 60 miles of Columbus.

John Hyre

Re: Are you saying it doesn’t work ANYWHERE? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on July 16, 2002 at 14:34:02:

These posts were tongue in cheek…we’re saying it “doesn’t work” where we live so that nobody competes with us!

John Hyre