Does anyone have success in sending out postcards? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Tim on April 19, 2002 at 15:09:39:

How are you qualifying your prospect as a “dont wanter”? What kind of research are you doing? Please share!

Does anyone have success in sending out postcards? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on April 19, 2002 at 08:23:14:

Does Tarket Marketing work? Has anyone on this had much success in mailing and acutally got deals?

Sure. Why do you hesitate? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on April 19, 2002 at 20:39:09:

Joe----------

Sure. I sent out about 825 cards a year and a half ago. Bought two properties. Bought a third, listed property a block from one those properties. Later, I had a couple of very good leads for two more deals, neither of which I followed up on enough to complete. But that is my fault, not the mailing techinque.

It was simple: I sent those whose tax bill mailing address was at least an hours drive from town. They had owned at least 10 years, so there was equity to be gotten. I sent cards only to those who whose houses were the size, age, etc that I wanted. Nothing fancy.

One of the purchases was all cash $110K–the seller’s price. When I went to refinance, the appraiser said it was worth $160K. Thank you seller for the $50K gift.

Good InvestingRon Starr******

sending out postcards? yep! great success rate! - Posted by ed szynkowski

Posted by ed szynkowski on April 19, 2002 at 10:48:50:

i have had a very good rate of return by sending a letter that is hand written and hand adressed to sellers that i want to contact, which includes a stamped and addressed post card. i write on the back:
__ yes i want to sell,__ no i dont. ___phone number ___sales price ____terms ____down. All they have to do is check the boxes .However, most sellers add some info about the property. i have actually used the postcard info to open several escrows after contacting the owners. (Ive also opened an escrow with a borrowed check (that bounced) with the contract written on the back of an envelope!!).i’m usually certain (through my research) that the seller is a “dont wanter,” tho, so maybe my rate of return is higher than normal. i almost always get an answer.!!! yes it’s a bit of a “do” but hey, you want to buy real estate or not? works for me!