Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Doris - Va. on January 26, 1999 at 19:08:41:

I’d say your comments were “Good Enuf!!” I think you definitely have it. I hope I have it too.

Doris - Va.

Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on January 26, 1999 at 09:04:44:

I read many books on how to achieve success, and one
philosophy that many wealt creating books come back to
over and over again is the positve mental attitude philosophy. I have a question for people who have achieved
success. Does having a positve mental attitude really
work? As for me, I am still a skeptic.

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 26, 1999 at 17:44:16:

Think about this.

If you went around all your life thinking negative thoughts about how bad everything is, do you think you really stand a chance at being successful. If everytime you went to a job interview you went in thinking failure, don’t you think the odds would be extremely against you. If you don’t believe in yourself and have a positive attitude about yourself, do you seriously think anyone else can. You can probably tell the people who are going somewhere with their lives simply by the way you act. Stop and look around at the successful people you know. Don’t all of them have a PMA. I think you know the answer already.

PMA is only a small ingredient of success. But if you don’t have it, your struggle for success will be nearly impossible.

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by drew

Posted by drew on January 26, 1999 at 12:25:53:

Brian,

I’m not a big rah-rah, win-win, PMA guy and I don’t know if PMA works or not, but since you are skeptical, why don’t you try it? If I told you it worked would you all of a sudden become a believer and stop being skeptical? Not likely.

In this case it is very simple to observe your own experience instead of seeking opinion. So go ahead and try it and let us know your results. It’s absolutely free of charge, risk free, and you don’t even need a license!

-drew

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on January 26, 1999 at 11:11:53:

Attitude is one of 3 attrubutes successful people command. Lets look at the 4 planes of manifistation.

1. Ideas, creative thinking, a ha’s - This area is first without an idea one has nothing to work toward.

2. Attitude, desire, emotion - This is the area most people get tangled. They have a desire to succeed but are blocked in unconscious beliefs of not deserving success.

3. Action, Movement - One must move, act or do something in order to achieve.

4. Manifestation - The goal
    The cycle is a continuum
    Pat

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by John(NH)

Posted by John(NH) on January 26, 1999 at 10:24:22:

Brian,
Can you name one successful person who does not have a positive mental attitude?

-John

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by Dean (IL)

Posted by Dean (IL) on January 26, 1999 at 09:56:14:

I would say a positive mental attitiude is at LEAST one attribute needed for success. I’m sure you’ve heard it said that your “Attitude determines your altitude.” I wouldn’t discount the need for perseverence and patience in that formula either!

Good Luck!

Re: Does P.M.A. Really Work? - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on January 26, 1999 at 09:53:25:

I probably shouldn’t be responding to this, since I’m no real estate success story (yet!), but for me it boils down to this, Brian. I don’t necessarily walk through every minute of my day thinking “life is just great!” But I am optimistic enough and believe in myself enough to keep doing the things that I believe will ultimately lead to success. If a negative attitude keeps you from doing the things that you KNOW from reading this site will help your business, then you will not succeed. If lack of P.M.A means you can’t make calls or meet with sellers, or that when you do, you don’t come across as someone who can do business, then it’s time to get some more P.M.A!

P.M.A doesn’t do anything all by itself, but it is the fuel that keeps you performing the ACTIONS that DO create results. That’s my take. But maybe I should defer to someone who’s already rich!

-rayrick