Does the level of formal education matter? - Posted by Blue_Mountain_investments

Posted by William Buzzell on March 13, 2002 at 15:15:48:

The level of education has very little to do with the approval or disapproval of a loan. Lenders look at a borrowers income, debt, credit, and the value of the property. As far as a mortgage lender is concerned length of time on the job or in a particular line of work or profession is more important than a college degree. When I prepare a loan package for submittal to lenders for my clients I never put years of school on the application.
That being said, as far as future income and job advancement is concerned, nothing can take the place of a good education.

Does the level of formal education matter? - Posted by Blue_Mountain_investments

Posted by Blue_Mountain_investments on March 13, 2002 at 12:03:37:

Do banks/lenders care about formal education levels of borrowers, or does that not come into play at all? Would highly educated newbies have an advantage over other newbies with the same work experiences? Should resumes be a part of the business plan when trying to borrow? Thanks.

Dan

Re: Does the level of formal education matter? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on March 13, 2002 at 16:24:57:

One of the wealthiest men I know never went past the seventh grade! He was self-taught. Now if I could be that smart!!