Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Stan

Posted by bstorage on September 18, 2000 at 12:32:56:

i am in the self storage business and recently had this issue. there is a product called BAC-AZAP. i have not seen it at any hardware stores and i bought it from someone in pest control. it is fairly expensive though and it is a “biological” method in that it uses live bacteria and enzymes to eliminate cat and other pet odors. when i first applyed it, i felt that i had been duped, but after a few day of the bacteria and enzymes working, it turned out great- i now have no odors and bought another bottle of it (1qt for $40 but it works)

Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Stan

Posted by Stan on September 11, 2000 at 09:59:44:

I read a post on this subject a while back but can’t seem to locate it now. The carpet has been removed. What’s the best way to get rid of the stink?

Is there a product or method that works w/o using a saw or a match? Does it need to be sealed? What has worked for you?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on October 04, 2000 at 01:04:51:

Stan,

I used to be in the carpet cleaning business and the best way of getting rid of pet odors (and other odors such as with smoke and fire damage, etc.) was (is) with a piece of equipment called an ozone generator. They are expensive to buy–$500 and up–but you might be able to rent one from a local rent-all store. Hope this will help if the sealants don’t do the job.

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Gary Gilman

Posted by Gary Gilman on September 13, 2000 at 23:09:51:

Stan,
I don’t know if you have fixed your problem yet, But I had an MH that I rehabbed for a buddy of mine that had the same problem. I tried all those deodorizors and NONE of them worked.
Since the flooring was chip board, it had acturally soaked in in a couple of places. What I did was remove the carpet, make sure all padding and dirt was removed (swept then vaccum). Then I appled an Oil Based sealer to the floor. It took two coats, but I got rid of the smell. A week later, there was carpet over it and there was no more problems that I know of. That was over a year ago.
Get back to me by e-mail in a couple of days. Buy that time I will have gone to Home Depot and will have the name and the approximate cost for you.
Hope this helps
Gary

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Jenn-Fla

Posted by Jenn-Fla on September 11, 2000 at 20:15:43:

I’ve tried a product (can’t remember the name - sorry) that I purchased from Scotty’s (I’m sure any hardware will have it)… it’s basically a cake of some type of deodorizing/ absorbant material that will cover like 25 s.f. per container. It’s pretty cheap and it completely took care of the smells left in one of my apartments after SIX cats with a rarely cleaned litter box and spraying, etc. The smell made your eyes water. It comes in a round plastic disk type of container and you just take the lid off and put it in the middle of the floor… leave it for a few days and it should take care of it as long as there is no longer any carpet, padding, draperies, etc. to hang onto the odors. I’m sure if you look in the section that would carry that type of product, you’d find it pretty easily.

I was totally amazed… cheap fix!

Good Luck,
Jenn

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Gary Gilman

Posted by Gary Gilman on September 19, 2000 at 23:40:30:

Hey Stan,
The stuff is called KILZ
Hope this helps
Gary

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by pierre roborge

Posted by pierre roborge on October 24, 2000 at 17:11:49:

My wife and I had a problem with Cat Urine and Dog Urine on wood flooring so I asked my neighbor who happens to be an executive at a well-known upscale hotel chain. He told me about the Pro-Klean USA companies and how his company has been quietly buying their products for over a dozen years.

Sure enough I visited them at www.iloveproklean.com and it was impressive. Rather then the usual Webmaster concocted propaganda, this web site actually featured the actual comments and experiences from successful customers.

Well we tried the Urine Pooling Formula which is designed for difficult to remove urine and guess what? This product actually worked!

I can see why the better hotels are buying these products!

Why don?t you visit them at www.iloveproklean.com/urinepooling.html and see what they can do for you?

Good luck.

Re: Dog & Cat Urine Odors - Help Needed - Posted by Rhonda - TX

Posted by Rhonda - TX on September 16, 2000 at 10:53:34:

Haven’t tried this but was told by someone who has that you can paint the wood floors (or particle board) with polyurethane varnish and it will seal the odor in.

Rhonda - TX