Double wide opportunity - Posted by Laurel McGlynn

Posted by Jack-NY on May 21, 2000 at 22:33:51:

We would need to know more about this home to give you some better suggestions, however I’ll try to give you some tips to help you.

Is this home on land or in a park?

If in a park can it stay there? if not your talking big bucks to relocate this home, plus any damage in the process of moving such as sheetrock, paneling, ect.

What are other homes similar to this one selling for, you need to see the sales within the last year.

If this home is located on land you may have a nice little deal going here if the comps show a good resale value and you can purchase this home at the right price.

If you have good credit-worthy buyers you could tie up this home for as little as $100 for 30 days and then sell with owner financing and sell this first note, keep the downpayment, and also the second note that you create.

Ask more question take more notes and let us know if you need more help. You could also email me so we could discuss this deal in greater detail, or just post here to have more suggestions from the pros.

good luck, jack-ny

Double wide opportunity - Posted by Laurel McGlynn

Posted by Laurel McGlynn on May 21, 2000 at 13:15:04:

A lady contacted me about buying her double wide. I normally deal only with stick built. Her DW is 3 yrs old and has a payoff of 32,000. I don’t have that much cash laying around, but couldn’t I take over her payments without putting the loan in my name, and sell it for a higher monthly payment, holding the paper myself?

Is this legal? (I live in NC).

Thanks!