Dr. Albert Lawry - Business Development Services - Posted by jdgarlock

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 04, 2003 at 22:11:34:

Linda Carmi--------------

I see it often on e-bay auctions. In fact I think it on there now–I noticed it yesterday. I don’t know the prices they sell for, as I already have my copy.

Also. You might find it on half.com, amazon.com’s used books section, and I think barnesandnoble.com has a used books section also, although I have not looked there.

Good InvestngRon Starr**

Dr. Albert Lawry - Business Development Services - Posted by jdgarlock

Posted by jdgarlock on November 04, 2002 at 14:54:39:

Just curious if anyone has heard anything at all about a Real Estate Investing Consultant, Dr. Albert Lowry or his affiliated consulting firm Business Development Services out of Utah. Already signed up for their consulting services and a little nervous about validity - Please respond ASAP, Thanks!

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on November 05, 2002 at 19:51:12:

J D Garlock-------------

Clair is right about Al Lawry. His first book was excellant. Some of his later ones were not not so hot.

I heard him give a pitch for his weekend seminar on real estate investing and felt that he made it seems easier than it is. He was, in my judgment, dipping into lies about real estate investing to try to pull in the people to take the course. I do not know how good the course is. I know that it cost what seemed to me to be a high cost.

Al was a legitimate real estate investor here in Oakland for many years. Currently there are no properties owned in the name Lawry in this county, Alameda. I remember about 15 years ago that he and his wife had to foreclose on an apartment house here in Oakland that they had sold and carried back a loan on. At that time they did not seem to own any properties in Alameda County in their own names.

Al started out working with William Nickerson doing seminars and then they separated company. He was later affiliated with Tony Hoffman for a while which, by my lights, is a distinct negative.

Good InvestingRon Starr****

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - Bus. Development Services - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on November 05, 2002 at 07:40:19:

JD, Dr. Albert Lowry is a pioneer investor like Robert G Allen and has written several real estate investing books. Go to your public library and check out some of his books!

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - - Posted by A M Williams

Posted by A M Williams on December 30, 2002 at 14:34:53:

Has anyone been through the course and was successful as Dr. Lawry says. This market is hard to by forclosures at a low price, invest money to fix up, pay mortgage, and turn around and make a profit.

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - Bus. Development Services - Posted by David

Posted by David on January 08, 2003 at 23:53:28:

I attended the “free” introduction on 1/7/03. It all sounds great…However, the cost of the training is very high. I’m going to start looking into some books to become familiar, so that I can get an idea of what is what.

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on December 30, 2002 at 18:06:30:

A. M. Williams-----------------

There is no information on this matter that I know of. If the students were a success after taking the course, I suspect that Lowry would be trumpting that in his advertising.

Foreclosure investing is not for beginners, in my opinion. I am doubtful that Lowry can teach much beyond beginning stuff in a weekend. I would think that a person could get more out of reading Lowry’s first book or many other books, but I have not taken Lowry’s course.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - - Posted by Linda Carmi

Posted by Linda Carmi on January 04, 2003 at 19:11:29:

My husband and I just attended his free seminar to go the next step to the teaching seminar at a pretty pricey tuition. I tried to find one of his books at Borders, they are not in print. Wish I could find the first one that is recommended. Any ideas?

Re: Dr. Albert Lawry - - Posted by Marge Lovins

Posted by Marge Lovins on August 18, 2003 at 16:07:50:

Does anyone know of real sucess story? I attended one of these semiers but can not find anyone who is still involved with this program or who actually purchased a home or apartment complex. No book in print I tired this as well