Duplexes - Posted by Todd

Posted by Jimmy on November 02, 2008 at 06:22:07:

methinks you have some problems here.

1. selling ONE duplex is a chore these days in my market. not many buyers. the ones still in the game are the smart/astute ones who survived.

2. selling 300 in one transaction just reduced your pool of eligible investors to a very small number. and show me an investor who can do a 600-unit deal, and I’ll show you someone who will squeeze you and squeeze you until there’s nothing left to give up, and then squeeze some more. and if there’s urgency to sell, this kind of buyer will find out why. and won’t hesitate to jump right over your head and cut the deal with the lender (if you’re in trouble, that is). and that can drain away whatever equity you might have expected. pulled one of these off a couple years ago. seller was furious and indignant and threatened to sue me, but lender FORCED my deal down their throat.

3. with that said, do the loopnet thing. but also put an ad in the WSJ.

Duplexes - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on October 17, 2008 at 11:17:54:

Where would be a good place to list 300 duplexes for sale that are all together on the same parcel of land? Is financing a problem with a large project like this?

Re: Duplexes - Posted by brandoncsbsre

Posted by brandoncsbsre on October 17, 2008 at 11:28:20:

LoopNet

As far as the financing goes…as long as the numbers are good and the buyer can put some skin in the game, the money should be available.

Re: Duplexes - Posted by todd

Posted by todd on October 17, 2008 at 12:30:00:

I know about loopnet I was trying to get some others. I heard about cityfeet as well. I was trying to move the property fast if possible. Any help is appreciated.