EdCopp, Jim, Onewaybill, and Linda... - Posted by Amy (In Dallas)

Posted by JohnBoy on September 27, 2003 at 18:26:34:

“Then, J.P. Vaughan recently sent out the monthly newsletter that hit me like a ton. The title was something like, “What Makes People Unsuccessful?” or something like that. “Fear” was meantioned, so was “Procrastination” and a few others. Anyway, I felt that he was speaking directly at me.”

Nope! He wasn’t. But SHE was. J.P. is a she.

EdCopp, Jim, Onewaybill, and Linda… - Posted by Amy (In Dallas)

Posted by Amy (In Dallas) on September 27, 2003 at 17:00:27:

Thank you for your feedback (tough love and straight talk).

Your right Linda… 5 years is a long time not to have more experience under my belt, I submitted my first offer, I guess about four and half years ago I think, and the sellers laugh so hard at me (very nicely), that I got really scared that I would not be taken seriously. I was afraid to try again. I know that was silly of me, but when I got called back to work… I ran back because there was my comfort zone. It gave me back my self confidence… or so I thought. There I knew exactly what to do, and not make any mistakes. Since being laid off in March, I have e-mailed, posted, faxed, and snail-mailed so many applications for jobs that I got disgusted with it all.

Then, J.P. Vaughan recently sent out the monthly newsletter that hit me like a ton. The title was something like, “What Makes People Unsuccessful?” or something like that. “Fear” was meantioned, so was “Procrastination” and a few others. Anyway, I felt that he was speaking directly at me.

I plan to submit my “second” offer, and many more after. With your help, I plan to get it right this time.

Thank you for the correction Ed… yesterday put me (the novice) in the fast lane and I was getting run over. I was a little stumbly then. :slight_smile:

I so agree with the excerpts from Forbes Magazine that I plan to frame it, and hang it on my office wall… just as my own personal reminder. Thanks.

Sorry so long!

And again, thank you all for the feedback.

Amy