Escrow Procedures - Posted by Rudy

Posted by ScottS(NC) on March 07, 2002 at 07:33:10:


I believe most of us do our own paperwork. Each State is diffrent on what it requires. In NC we simply fill out a purchase agreement, a damage disclosure form(DMV) recieve proof of insurance promissory note and the title. Collect the $35 dollar title transfer fee and thats it. If you don’t have lonnies book Deals On Wheels be sure to get it. It has all the forms you need you just need to make them specific for your state (attorney review). Lonnies book is only available here and for $30 YOU WILL be glad you bought it, I am! Take Care ScottS(NC)

Escrow Procedures - Posted by Rudy

Posted by Rudy on March 06, 2002 at 23:05:33:

I live in California and have not done any deals yet. I am
looking at one unit for $2000. I need some help from some
one as to what the procedure is after the purchase contract
is signed.
What things need to be done. Is it best to use an escrow
service. Or can I do all the paperwork. If I do all the
work myself what are the list of things that need to be done
to complete transfer of title. Thanks for your help.