evicting tenants - Posted by jack

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on March 31, 2002 at 11:42:29:

You are right, if it is a rental, that you own, in someone else’s park, after an eviction your mobile will continue to accrue space rent that you will be liable for.

If it is going to come to a lien sale by the park to recoupe their space rent (and costs of the sale etc.), then this would probably go down in one of the following two ways.

1. If it is a mobile with some desireable equity and the park wants it they may wait a few months before starting the lien sale process to run the bill up to several thousand dollars to discourage outsiders from bidding. They have a hundred other corrupt, illegal and unethical tricks to use if this doesn’t work. In CA they normally use them all. They are worse that the mafia. If you don’t believe me just ask Pam Geil. Pam are you still out there? Now would be a good time to tell your interesting story. A lot of new legislation is needed to curb this monster. Maybe you aren’t having these problems in other states, or maybe you just haven’t ever tried to bid at a lien sale. The situation is REAL bad in California. I started out onetime to do a post on how to buy at lien sales but by the time I got halfway through I changed my mind. Don’t need any crosses burning on my front lawn, even if it is Easter.
  2. If it is a slummobile that they want removed from the park or one that shouldn’t attract any bidders they will likely start a lien sale as soon as legally possible.

This is probably a moot issue anyway because most parks don’t allow outsider owned rentals.

Regards, doc

evicting tenants - Posted by jack

Posted by jack on March 31, 2002 at 10:23:06:

On park owned land only, What happens after you evict a tenant and the MH is still there but no lot rent is being collected? I assume the mobil is put up for sale and the lot rent accumuates and is collected from the sale proceeds. But how long do you have to wait for a sale assuming the park doesn’t want to buy it?

Jack