Exclusive buyer brokerage agreement - Posted by Gale

Posted by dutch on April 29, 2006 at 09:34:22:

contact your state real estate commission and ask them.

Exclusive buyer brokerage agreement - Posted by Gale

Posted by Gale on April 28, 2006 at 23:41:49:

We had sign a Exclusive Buyer Brokerage Agreement but the realtor we felt did not meet what we were hoping for.We started to look for homes on our own and found a builder.We did not sign any contract with the builder but just ask questions and found out that the builder has homes that meet our needs in the same area where our first realtor told us there were no homes that met our requiremnet.So, out of courtesy, we email him and told him that we were going to buy a home form the builder. He now wants us to pay him commission on the second home which he has nothing to do with. becasue our contract was for a year.But since we terminated the contract, he still says that we have to pay him regardless.I know we sign a contract but we felt like he only wanted us to purchase a home from his listings and not find us what we really want. What should we do??

Re: Exclusive buyer brokerage agreement - Posted by The Frisco Kid

Posted by The Frisco Kid on May 01, 2006 at 16:14:08:

Gale

You knew you had a exclusive buyers contract, why didn’t you let your agent know about the houses and have him present your offers? Most builders wil pay a commission so unless they reduced the price or gave you some incentive why would you avoid your agent. Doesn’t sound like you were forthright and upfront in your dealings with your agent to me and if I were the agent I wouldn’t hesitate to collect a commission from you.