Experian National Risk Score - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by PBoone on January 23, 1999 at 14:42:14:

300-900 are the possibilities. 300 being worst.
Pat

Experian National Risk Score - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on January 22, 1999 at 13:09:56:

Ordered a credit check for the first time from Credit Link. It included the Experian National Risk Score. Where can I find out how to interpret this? (Tried the Experian website, no luck).

I’ve used Beacon scores before, so understand the principal, but need to know the range etc.

Berwyn

Berwyn, you may want to check… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on January 23, 1999 at 20:14:10:

404 - Page not found. It gave me the answers that I was looking for. Might be a help to you also.

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“Soapymac”
If you want to contact me, take the word “nospam” out of my e-mail address.

Re: Experian National Risk Score - Posted by Nick DeMatteis

Posted by Nick DeMatteis on January 23, 1999 at 18:09:50:

Berwyn, When the risk score falls below 620 it starts to be reviewed by most lending institution as a subprime loan the lower it gets the deeper it travels into risk. Now on the other hand all scores above 620 become more favorable in the eyes of an underwriter and less of a risk as a result borrower gets more favorable rates,terms and potentially higher loan to value opportunities.
Good Luck! Nick DeMatteis

Re: Experian National Risk Score - Posted by Mike (KCMO)

Posted by Mike (KCMO) on January 23, 1999 at 09:43:08:

I believe that a risk score is something like your credit “IQ”. It varies depending on who asks for it and when because of the different “models” used by each lender, and thus cannot be strictly interpreted. For information try here: http://www.experian.com/corporate/max/max061897d.html

Mike

Re: Experian National Risk Score - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on January 23, 1999 at 10:57:55:

Yea, I basically knew that . What I need to know is specifically how to interpret the Experian risk score. For example, I get an applicant’s credit report and it gives a score of 250. Is that out of 300? 500? 1000? Infinity? Is a higher number greater risk or greater reliability?