Experts, please advise - Posted by jz

Posted by Steve-WA on October 05, 2003 at 10:02:03:

the comment was toward Dr. B, so I said doc2

as far as a visit during the remainder of 2003 - nothing in the plan, but we’ll definitely be in your neck again before long (pardon the halloween pun - my kids already got the spooky fever - as soon as the calendar turned to Oct!)

Experts, please advise - Posted by jz

Posted by jz on October 04, 2003 at 18:28:34:

I’m new to this area of investing (Lonnie deals). Advertisements of MH for sale in this area (west Michigan) are for around $8,000 for a single-wide. mid-eighties type homes. What can you tell me, from just this little info, about these homes? Like, does this indicate a good market for these deals? Are they asking the wholesale value for these MHs? Of course, I have also noticed bank repos for sale. Is it best to approach the FSBOs or the banks (or look at real estate broker listings)? What do you think?
Thanks,
jz

No profit here…yet. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 05, 2003 at 09:51:55:

You are quoting retail prices. All of the ones who advertised wholesale prices were sold yesterday.

You usually don’t FIND wholesale priced deals. You generally have to MAKE your own, through skilled negotiation.

That is where education comes in.

That is where this forum and its books come in.

This is where I say goodbuy. doc

Drive the speed bumps - Posted by Dr. B (OH)

Posted by Dr. B (OH) on October 04, 2003 at 20:25:44:

jz, You MUST drive the speed bumps and you MUST read Lonnie’s book if you’re going to do this. Someone on this board said the best deal they ever got was a $30 book called Deals on Wheels (DOW). I agree, I’m a little cautious so I’ve only made $49,400 my first year on 9 deals (10th for sale) from that $30 book.

No one advertises a wholesale price. You have to find MOTIVATED sellers who will give it to you at wholesale.
Welcome aboard jz.

Happy Trail(er)s,
Steve

it’s not your fault, doc2 - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 04, 2003 at 23:52:07:

you just can’t help being a slow starter (!)

??? I guess I am slow in more ways than… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 05, 2003 at 09:45:53:

…just starting. I don’t understand your comment. Not sure I want too either.

Are you and Lori coming down this year or not? Or are you just slow deciding if you’re willing to spring for the Big Macs again?

:~0

Regards, doc