Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by BR

Posted by Bud Branstetter on November 16, 1998 at 12:58:32:

A quiet title action is a law suit to let the judge determine who has what ownership and if any other claims are valid. A $1000 fee probably is the court filing fee~$300 and the attorney’s starting fees.

Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on November 16, 1998 at 11:04:21:

Just returned from an attorney’s office and was informed of a $1000 fee to file for quiet title.

Is it possible to file for quiet title myself, or is this something I should let them handle.

Any responses appreciated.

Re: Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on November 16, 1998 at 20:28:30:

Might I ask what problem you plan to solve by filing a quiet title suit?

Re: Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 16, 1998 at 20:13:51:

BR,

If you can get away with only a $1,000 cost in a Quiet Title Action, you’re lucky camper. Most of them I’ve seen start off at that and generally run up the $2,500 or $3,000, depending upon how many and what type of clouds on the title are found.

Good luck,

Bill

It’s “suing” for quiet title - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on November 16, 1998 at 19:42:32:

It’s hardly a matter of just “filing” something down at the courthouse. It’s a big deal and you should not spend another second thinking about doing it yourself.

Joe

Re: Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by Doris - VA

Posted by Doris - VA on November 16, 1998 at 12:08:10:

BR - Newbie question! What is a quiet title? I have not seen this mentioned in any book or posting. Thanks in advance. Doris

Re: Filing for Quiet Title - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on November 16, 1998 at 15:07:32:

Sorry Doris, but I’m sort of new at this too. All I can tell you is that filing for quiet title is a court proceeding to clear up any clouds on a title.

If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone on this site will let me know.