Finally begining MY REAL ESTATE journey - Posted by James Cotten Jr.

Posted by tony James on December 01, 1999 at 14:10:34:

I felt the same way you did. I have been into real estate since May 1999, and do to my PROBLEM MORTGAGE BROKERS…I never thought my Duplex was gonna close. But it finally did. I have learned that ANYTHING that DON’T KILL YOU, MAKES YOU STRONGER.

Use your Failures (seeming Failures) as Power to succeed.

Finally begining MY REAL ESTATE journey - Posted by James Cotten Jr.

Posted by James Cotten Jr. on December 01, 1999 at 11:38:17:

I just wanted to share my thoughts with this posting, to give everyone another perspective in this crazy game called life. I have known about creative real estate investing since 1994. When I ordered the Carlton sSheets home study course. Had orginally planed to do this with the help of my mother and build up this huge real estate empire. We made some calls bull#@%1 around but no results. Due to our in ability to do what was needed to succeed in this venture. Finally 2 years later bought the so called upgraded course and tried again. Had some luck bought a townhouse on seller carry back and sold to another seller right away (who turned out to be a dud) lost the house. I was bankrupt at the time with no job or transportation. Now in 1999 I am married with a son on the way, working for a cable company in sales. I’m ready to make the step again towards financial independence in real estate. I know this can happen because I have read this site religiously for the last 2 yrs and printed about 85% of the how to articles and success stories. By the way that is a great idea to have on thie site, to give people like me hope and inspiration that this is real and not some joke. You can achieve wealth and prosperity with real estate investing. I know winter is about to start but i have procrastinated long enough and frankly i’m sick and tired of it. I want to be able to provide for my family and spend the quality time needed to raise a stable family in these trying times as we enter a new millenium. I am tired of working for someone else ever since i had a taste of it when working with my mother. Now it’s up to me to lead my family ahead and establish a new hertiage to leave to our next generation. I want to show my kids that you can make it,in what is stil(despite what many people think)the greatest country in the world. I know my dreams will come true, I visualize it everyday and every minute of the day. Soon it will become a reality. And I know because I have read all the posts were people share thier joy of doing their first deal or cashing that check that’s all profits from the transaction. But I know the one thing that can GUARANTEE SUCCESS IN ANYTHING YOU DO is to take ACTION! without that you are just wasting your time.I plan on doing that ASAP, i realize that was the problem all along.So wish me luck on this journey becuase it is not a destination and I will continue to read the posts and ask questions and hope to post my own series of success stories to help and inspire others. As the previous ones have done for me. BY the way I am 25 year old African American with no formal college education. If I can buy a home at 21 with bankrupt crdt,no job and no money ANYBODY CAN!!!. In the Immortal words of scott hall form WCW (for those who watch wrestling) DON’T SING IT, BRING IT

THANKYOU

Thanks for the inspiration and the kick in the pants! :slight_smile: (nt) - Posted by Kathie E.

Posted by Kathie E. on December 01, 1999 at 16:49:41: