Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on January 30, 2002 at 13:06:23:

Todd,

I’ll give a whirl and see what comes up. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Matt

Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on January 29, 2002 at 13:05:03:

Can anybody tell me where I can find comprable sales information besides going to a Realtor or subscribing to a web site that charges a fee? I live in NY.

Re: Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by limeydale

Posted by limeydale on January 30, 2002 at 02:35:34:

www.homegain.com also has comps.Most of the time it lists #of beds&bath,acreage,when sold,address,how far away from subject property,price sold for etc…& gives a low to high range for subject property.I usually crosscheck some addresses on the local geo-data site&county auditor/assessor.I use these comps as a guide not as gospel!!! hope this helps you out a bit. Dale.

Re: Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on January 29, 2002 at 16:33:57:

You might try realtor.com It is a good (Free) site for searching for homes. It has most of the MLS info. Of course, it tells what properties are priced at, not what they are selling for.

Around here, the paper on saturday has a RE section that tells all the sales around town, the price, the address, zip code, and city. You may have something similar in NY.

Also, may want to go to open houses on weekends. This is a good way to see what prices are in your area.

Re: Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on January 30, 2002 at 13:02:32:

limeydale,

Thank you for the feedback. I will check it out. Where do you find the local geo-data site&county auditor/assessor?

Regards,
Matt

Re: Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on January 29, 2002 at 17:00:35:

Scott,

My Sunday paper has comps listed, but not in detail. It just gives the town and a list of what house sold for. That’s not any help.

In order to really know what a house is worth you have to compare it to similar houses in the same area that you may buy in. That means you have to know the style of the house, number of bedrooms/bathrooms, sq footage, one or more levels, half or full basement, heating/cooling systems,year it was built, etc. If you know where to get that information please let me know.

Going to open houses is a good idea.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Matt

Re: Finding Comparable Sales Information - Posted by Todd (DE)

Posted by Todd (DE) on January 29, 2002 at 19:52:51:

Yahoo has a comp page. I’m not sure how they get the info, if anyone does have access to real comps and can compare the two - probably be a nice tool.

here’s the url.

http://yahoo.iplace.com/sales_search.asp