Re: finding money - Posted by Ed Garcia
Posted by Ed Garcia on February 23, 2001 at 10:00:26:
When used right, a credit line is just like having CASH. SC there are different types of credit lines. When you become an experienced investor, your ultimate goal should be a Working credit line.
A Working Credit Line is AWSOME.
There are just so many advantages to having a working credit line.
(1) You can make CASH offers, allowing you more profit in your deal.
(2) You can CLOSE faster, making that extra deal, and more profit.
(3) You can SEASON your properties, by leaving them on your line for a while.
(4) You can use it to do FLIPS, where conventional financing is too expensive.
(5) It’s CHEAPER money, meaning you pay 1 or 2 over prime and no points
(6) You can make offers with more confidence, which is projected to the seller,
or Real-estate agent.
And the list goes on. First to obtain a working credit line, you must have a TRACK RECORD…
This would not be a financial tool for a Newbie, the Banks would not want a Newbie,
because of the lack of a track record.
As a rule, a Business Plan is required. I usually recommend soliciting a small local Bank. The reason being, you can easily establish and build a relationship with a small Bank,
rather than just taking a number at a larger National Bank.
SC, I teach people how to get a working credit line, and I can assure you that once you have one. You won’t know how you did business with out it. There’s not a whole lot of information I can give you in just one post other than to tell you that, yes, knowing how to utilize your borrowing power, is necessary in order for you to grow in this business.