Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by Marquita

Posted by Willie on August 16, 2003 at 19:03:41:

There are many thousands of sellers who have carried back mortgages on the property they have sold in the U.S. There is even a whole industry in buying and selling these mortgages. I doubt if anything Whitney might say or do, even if was original and very little of his is,is likely to be worthwhile reading. Put his name in the archive search engine here and see what you get.

Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by Marquita

Posted by Marquita on August 16, 2003 at 18:00:20:

I just finished the CS course but there are still a lot of things I am unclear about. He really does not go in depth about defining certain terms and/or situations regarding these real estate transactions. For instance, obtaining seller financing for a property. Maybe I am a little slow or something, but why would an owner want to carry financing? What are the chances of sellers wanting to do that? I feel like I am drowning! Does anyone recommend any other good books that break every aspect down piece by piece so I can fully understand this material? I have a book by Russ Whitney that I just started to read. Does anyone know if it is any good?

Re: Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by Busy Guy

Posted by Busy Guy on August 27, 2003 at 08:06:58:

I have finished CS but still unclear and now being pressured to get even deeper into debt to purchase one on one mentoring. I have also tried to go out and make some deals only to discover one of two things. The property being sold is usually to close to fair market value to generate any positive cash flow or the owner is usually unwilling to do a lease-option because they just want to sell the property once and for all, not having to worry about payments stopping and getting the property back to fix up and sell again. I am now getting phone calls from CS suggesting I participate in their one on one personal mentoring program for around $2500 with the promise that I will make at least one deal in 8 weeks. Has anyone else been approached with this offer? Does it work or is this yet another endless money hole?

Thanks,

BG

Re: Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on August 22, 2003 at 14:15:07:

I think you can learn some from Sheets course, but some of the no money down deals are not for everybody. Finding seller financing on single family homes is rare, and with out good credit why would a seller risk the money. Apartments, etc are owned by investors who might expect to do some owner financing. I like John Reeds books, he is a little rough on some of the real estate gurus, but he gives facts behind his advice.

Re: Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by Real Investor

Posted by Real Investor on August 17, 2003 at 20:12:53:

I own the course, have been investing for 20 years, and in my opinion, the course is crap. sheets has always been a real estate course salesmen. Look Sheets up on www.johntreed.com and decide for yourself.

Re: Finished CS course, but still confused - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 17, 2003 at 06:08:38:

Marquita,

There is nothing wrong with going over the information you have a few times. Its a lot to take in all at once.

Each time you go over any REI course, book, etc you will find something you missed.

Educate yourself and understand what you are reading.

Then you will able to get out there and make your first deal.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)