First Deal Completed, Thanks Lonnie - Posted by Tobe (ID)

Posted by Tobe (ID) on May 08, 2000 at 13:49:40:

My ad read something like this:

"OWNER WILL FINANCE! 3BD/2BA 1972 Fleetwood
Easy terms. No credit needed. $5,000.
Call Tobe 375-XXXX.

When the seller called I told them that that mobile home had been sold but would they like me to keep their name and phone number in case I got another one? They always said yes. The ONLY questions they ever asked were “How much down, and How much a month”. Only 2-3 asked about interest. When I said 12-20% they didn’t even bat an eye.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Tobe

First Deal Completed, Thanks Lonnie - Posted by Tobe (ID)

Posted by Tobe (ID) on May 07, 2000 at 22:29:57:

Just did my first Lonnie Deal this weekend. And I did it using no money of my own. Found an ad for a 3bd, 1.5ba mobile home listed for $8,000. When I called the sellers the first thing the girl told me was that they lowered the price to $5,000 because they just moved and wanted to get rid of it. I offered $4,000 and it was accepted so I had a partner look at it and he put up the money. I sold it the same day to a girl for $8,000 CASH. I guess it wasn’t a “typical Lonnie Deal”…who cares? What was my yield? Good enough!

Oh, by the way, how did I find a buyer so fast? Well, I kept good records of everyone that called on my test ad and just picked her name off the list. That was the easiest $2,000 I’ve ever made in my life (only $2,000 because I split the profit with my partner, it’s only fair right?) :slight_smile:

Thanks Lonnie for putting it all together for me.

Tobe (ID)

Re: First Deal Completed, Thanks Lonnie - Posted by Michelle

Posted by Michelle on May 08, 2000 at 08:52:43:

Tobe…

Congratulations! Sounds like a deal that went off without at hitch!

I’m still waiting for Lonnies book but am really hoping to start doing deals in the near future.

Would you mind sharing what you put in your test ad? Also what kinds of questions did you ask people who were looking to buy?

Thanks for the help!

Michelle

Re: First Deal Completed, Thanks Lonnie - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on May 08, 2000 at 08:16:46:

Hi Tobe,

Congratulations! Now go get another one.

Lonnie