First L/O mail campaign - any recommendations? (long) - Posted by Dmitry

Posted by jack z. on November 30, 1999 at 23:24:19:

Dmitry,

Good going so far. You’ll probably get some calls from your research and mailings. But you’ve got to talk to them when they call!

How about a cell phone? Could you use it on your job? Get one with a vibrate mode so the obnoxious ring doesn’t disturb those around you, and put that number on your cards. That way, you’ll receive most of the calls yourself.

Hope this helps. Keep plugging away. Learn that script in the appendix of the course, and you’ll be signed up in no time!

Go for it.

Jack Z.

First L/O mail campaign - any recommendations? (long) - Posted by Dmitry

Posted by Dmitry on November 30, 1999 at 21:59:13:

Just finished Bill Bronchick’s Lease/Option course - unbelievable! Anxious to get started. I was looking for ways to attract sellers, and as I was thinking about some innovative ways I noticed a 2.5 month old MLS book that I happen to have. My friends were looking for a house and when they were through with the book, I borrowed it. Anyway, I logged on Realtor.com, and started searching there for MLS listings from the book. I figured, that if there are any active listings that have been listed in a 2.5 month old book, they are either renewed or are about to expire. So, potentially, these people might be pretty motivated. Anyway, about an hour later I had a list of about 130 properties in my area that had been on the market for at least 2.5 months. From my recent trip to the courthouse I know that I will be able to retrieve owner’s names and even their current addresses for most of these listings. So, hopefully, by the end of the week my postcards will reach the owners.
I am however a little confused at what to do next. I work full time, so the only time I am available to answer questions and talk to the callers (hopefully there will be callers) is after 6 pm. I am a little reluctant of giving my home phone number (I do not want the kids to pick up the phone), but at the same time I don’t want to miss any calls. So, an external mailbox with a prerecorded message seems like a good idea. After the seller listens to the information in the message, he will be given a number where he can contact me directly (my home phone number). What bothers me is the fact that I will not be able to give them my sales pitch during their first call. I will not be able to address their concerns, and I might lose some callers.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Sorry for the long message… I am pretty excited, can’t you tell?

Dmitry