First Lonnie deal - Is this too much for me? - Posted by Red Apple

Posted by Gary on April 30, 2007 at 22:49:41:

Say what? I am the park owner and manager. Have had several begin to do deals and burn out like a match in the wind. I have 10 or 12 eviction fresh units waiting. SHOW ME YOUR STUFF.

First Lonnie deal - Is this too much for me? - Posted by Red Apple

Posted by Red Apple on April 27, 2007 at 12:29:59:

I’m just beginning in the MH business. I posted a “we buy mobile homes” type ad in a free local classified. A local park manager responded that they currently have 4 homes that they’d like to sell to make room for new rentals (the park has only rentals). So I’m going to look this weekend.

My question is, assuming that we can make a deal for all 4 homes, do you guys think that this is too big of a deal for my first shot? I’m inexperienced in this area, so maybe buying 4 at once my first time out is biting off more than I can realistically chew.

Re: First Lonnie deal - Is this too much for me? - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on April 27, 2007 at 22:28:13:

Sure,go look and educate thy self. Unless these are in decent condition and you have 4 MH lots setting vacant you are spinning wheels and burning 3 buck a gallon gas for no good reason. Normal rental parks don,t retire a unit until it is junk. Gary

Re: First Lonnie deal - Is this too much for me? - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on April 27, 2007 at 13:32:53:

This park manager is trying/hoping to have you move homes for them and pay for the privilege. This does not sound like a lonnie deal situation in the making at all. You want to buy homes that the park will allow to stay. Lonnie teaches not to buy movers, especially not when first beginning (and avoid later if at all possible).

Four movers will cost you quite a good deal in just move and set up costs not to mention the money the park manager wants for the homes.

I would recommend that you stick exactly to the book. Trust me, we all try and tweak the system at first and get taught (more) expensive lessons and learn why Lonnie’s system is what it is. Do yourself a huge favor and remind yourself each time you hear that little voice in your head say things like “well Lonnie must live in a perfect area for mobile home deals,” or " I live in a more expensive area than he does," or “you can’t buy homes that cheap in my area.”

Just stick to the system and it will amaze you just like it did all of us.

Tony

Re: First Lonnie deal - Is this too much for me? - Posted by Mr. H (IN)

Posted by Mr. H (IN) on April 27, 2007 at 13:28:23:

Do you have to move these homes?
“A local park manager responded that they currently have 4 homes that they’d like to sell to make room for new rentals (the park has only rentals).”
From your post, it sounds like you may have to. If you have no experience, don’t let 4 movers be your initiation.

Re: First Lonnie deal Do not give up - Posted by Bob Tater

Posted by Bob Tater on April 27, 2007 at 22:56:33:

It may seem endless, but ya need to prove your heart into the business. After the Managers know you only do good to help the Park, the door will be open.

Some parks do not like us, and that’s ok… look for every oppertunity and run an ad “CASH for your MH ect.”. Tis the season to find them. Offer to upgrade the homes appearence, SHOW YOUR STUFF !
Bob O Tater