First park - Posted by Paul

Posted by Joe on August 05, 2003 at 11:54:11:

You can act as a FOR SALE BY OWNER, no license needed to sell your own property.

First park - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on August 01, 2003 at 12:40:39:

Hi everybody,I just went into my first park and talked to the PM.She told me that I needed to be a Broker to do any business in the park.Is there anything I can do about this or just keep on trying other parks?

Re: First park - Posted by Dan - GA

Posted by Dan - GA on August 04, 2003 at 07:40:31:

You need to be a broker to represent someone else when buying and selling any RE. If you are buying and then reselling, this is your personal property, just like a car or pc, and no brokers license is required. If the PM thinks you do, any more than a little convincing will just make them antagonistic. If that happens, find another park.

Re: First park - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on August 05, 2003 at 07:58:18:

To clear up any misunderstanding it is true in most, if not all, states that we need a real estate license to receive a fee or represent another person when it involves real estate.

However, mobile homes are classified as vehicles or personal property and not as real estate. In most states you will need a dealer’s license–even when buying and selling mobile homes for your own account. In Florida, for example, we are supposed to have a mobile home dealer’s license if we buy one or more mobile homes with the intent to resell. Each state is a little different and often the laws are not enforced unless someone complains to the state.