First time investor home buyer. - Posted by Rick

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on March 18, 2002 at 16:20:03:

As an agent, you represent your buyers and you try to get them the best deal you can. Treat yourself as one of your buyers. The only thing is with this particular sale, you will get a commission on it if you buy a listed property. Treat everything as if you are talking about your client until the time comes for disclosure and you are ready to make the offer.

There are probably books out there on negotiations and how to get the upper hand, but don’t know any off hand. I learned all of my negotiating skilss from the corporate world as a Purchasing Manager years ago. Search here first for negotiating or negotiations and you might find something, look in the articles section, look under the course section; and if all else fails, go to the book store or use Amazone.com.

Even your public libary may have something along these lines.

First time investor home buyer. - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on March 18, 2002 at 14:09:57:

Hello and thank you for responding to my question.
I am a relative new Realtor who is still living in an apartment with my family. My question is does any one know of any book or software that trains Realtors to make their first home purchase or how to negotiate the purchase from the the realtor/buyer negotation point of view. Strategies or methods that can also be applied to future investments. Once again I appreciate any guidance supplies. By the way I am practicing in Southern california.

Sincerely

Rick Ramirez

PS I intentend to make my first home purchase within hte next couple of weeks. Also have gotten myself Pre-Approved.

Re: First time investor home buyer. - Posted by John (Las Vegas)

Posted by John (Las Vegas) on March 18, 2002 at 18:28:20:

If you like the property, make an offer. It will be accepted or rejected. The same work you will do for your client.
John
http://www.iloverealestate.biz