Flipping in Nashville, the 'hood or middle-class? - Posted by Trisha Webb

Posted by Trisha Webb on February 13, 2002 at 18:40:38:

You are right. Though they are not exactly war-zone houses, they are 40-50 years old, with 1 or 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, in not the most desired of neighborhoods. I was just scared about being stuck with a property that I could not afford if I had to, that’s why I was looking into properties in the $20-30K range. But then I realized (or remembered) that all I am really risking is any earnest money that I were to put down. So I will revamp my search for middle class houses instead.

Flipping in Nashville, the 'hood or middle-class? - Posted by Trisha Webb

Posted by Trisha Webb on February 13, 2002 at 11:09:08:

Hello all.
I am just getting started (Ron LeGrand methods) and thought it would be best to start with flips first. I have located and visited more than a dozen very low income houses that are all either bank owned or out of town owned but am not sure if I should move up a bit to at least middle class (we’re talking the 'hood here!) My thinking was that it would be easier to flip a low priced property, or if I got stuck with it for more than a month I could afford to pay for it (not that I’d LIKE to, but that I could.)

All I have are the stock Ron LeGrand forms and I was hoping to find out if they are legal and kosher here in Nashville, Tennessee. Before I started making offers I was hoping to have just a bit of help with the forms, have a closing/escrow service to use already lined up, that kind of thing, but alas I don’t so I may just have to dive right in! (Yes, I plan to join the REI club in Nashville, but cannot attend meetings as they are held when I am working.) Any advice, privately or on this board, would be appreciated.

Re: Flipping in Nashville - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on February 13, 2002 at 14:53:47:

Go back to your LeGrand materials.

Listen to the part about warzone properties. Then listen to it again. You’ll have a good idea then.

Marcos