??? for all Full-Time Investors - Posted by Lorenzo,NC

Posted by Tim Conde on March 31, 2000 at 13:44:03:

I was a business owner who was able to give the day-to-day business stuff over to an employee, and give real estate somewhere between full and part time. But it didn’t take THAT long to build up the real estate to where it was self-sufficient and I could sell the original business (2-3 years, something like that). I probably held the original business a bit too long, but it took so little of my time and generated enough money that I just didn’t want to sell. But I am now, in your terms, a full-timer, and regret all the years I wasn’t. I wish I could give you advice but life is so different for everyone. I don’t know what your interests are as far as a career, but I was a business major in college and it REALLY helped me in real estate. Just to understand contracts is a big one, as most people (outside of lawyers) do not. If you can, take a course in marketing (salesmanship, too). That is another big one. Since I chose to make real estate my life, things have never been better for me. I’m a real estate broker and general contractor now and the future is limitless. Plow in, do your work, and don’t fall into the 8 to 5 grind. Once you’re in it, it’s hell to get out. Most people can’t.

Good luck,

Tim

??? for all Full-Time Investors - Posted by Lorenzo,NC

Posted by Lorenzo,NC on March 29, 2000 at 07:16:45:

I will be graduating from college next month, so I’m not a corporate person yet. I don’t really have anything holding me back and I have a great mentor helping me get started to cut my learning curve. I was wondering if any of you full-timers, just said the hell with working a job and went all out to investing full time or did you start part time until you felt confident and then made the change.

I have an idea of what I want to do, I just wanted to get some feedback from those that crossed the fence of “job security”