FOR Joe or Jackie from Dallas (LONG) - Posted by Ismail

Posted by Ismail on June 19, 1999 at 09:23:07:

Thank you for your reponse to my post.

FOR Joe or Jackie from Dallas (LONG) - Posted by Ismail

Posted by Ismail on June 18, 1999 at 17:00:49:

After buying a course or two over the years. I know that inorder to do what I want to do. I need to generate some cash. I have been reading the post Articles, and want to
really try my hand at flipping. Just today to test the waters I stopped and talked with a rehabber and he is open to buy contracts. I have his basic criteria. "“if it’s a good deal we’ll buy it”.

I have been in and out of Real Estate before, but from different angles. i.e MY mother went through a foreclosure, I attended RE License law / sales class. Did not get my license because I didn’t want to be a broker. I want Investor angle. I want to be a Lonnie Dealer but I need to generate cash first. Lonnie dealing will be my way to build cash flow later. Any advise you can give to push me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Especially with opening dialog with homeowners.

Be a deal maker . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on June 19, 1999 at 24:24:39:

I don’t get paid because of my good looks or charming personality. No one pays me to putt or make free throws.

They do pay me, however, to make deals.

So that’s what I do. That’s the one thing I’ve got a real good handle on, and the one thing I can consistantly do to put bread on table.

In simplest terms it works like this . . . spend all day talking to motivated sellers, and when someone bites, spend all day talking to motivated buyers until you’ve got it out the door. And then just do it again.

You’ve assembled a little knowledge. I know that from your posts - but you’ve got to take action. Remember, seeing through the game isn’t the same as winning the game. Studying bull fighting isn’t the same as being in the arena. You’ve got to get in there and mix it up.

How?

Simple!

I’ve already said it a hundred times before - figure out who the motivated sellers are in your community, get your name and number into their hands . . . and good things will happen, guaranteed.

The best advise I ever hear about hitting a baseball was simply “see ball, hit ball.” Canseco mentioned it in the paper today as well and it occured to me that most things really are just that simple.

See motivated seller, make deal.

Joe

Re: FOR Joe or Jackie from Dallas (LONG) - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on June 18, 1999 at 22:38:47:

The best way to open a conversation with a seller is when they are calling you because they know you will take care of their real estate problem. They know you offer a service they need.

But how will they know? That’s the key…

Besides your cyberfriends on Creative Real Estate who knows you’re looking for houses to buy? Who knows what kind of houses (motivated sellers) you’re looking for? My guess is it’s only a handful of friends or family members. Right?

Well that’s got to change FAST! You’re got to let the world know that you are looking for houses to buy. And for flipping that means the uglier the better - vacant, condemned, fire damage, in preforeclosure… the list goes on and on.

How are you going to let the world know?

Direct mail to run down houses

Knock on doors of houses in preforeclosure

Run ads in the newspaper saying “We Buy Houses”

Put fliers in laundrymats, convenience stores - anywhere else you can put them

Buy poster board at Walmart and make signs to put on telephone poles or staple to stakes and plaster the town with them

have business cards made and hand them out to EVERY person you talk to during the day (that means the lady at the check out at the grocery store, the guy at the cleaners, the waitress at Denny’s…

Are you getting the picture?

After awhile people start calling you saying “I got your postcards saying you buy houses and I want to get rid of some rental property I inherited when my Aunt passed away”

Sure makes it a lot easier to “open” the dialog when THEY call YOU.

Re: Be a deal maker . . . - Posted by ismail

Posted by ismail on June 19, 1999 at 08:49:36:

Thank you for your follow up post.