For Rayrick - Telephone Systems - Posted by Sheik

Posted by rayrick on March 16, 1999 at 08:43:37:

Hi Jim, A search on ameritech 9516 just came up dry. How much does this unit cost? I’m probably going with the voice modem approach, but I’d still be interested in checking this out.

-Ray

For Rayrick - Telephone Systems - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on March 15, 1999 at 17:33:16:

Hi Ray:

I read your post a ways down the board regarding Telephone
systems. I thought I’d post this a the beginning for all to see.

I have just the thing for you and you don’t need to
leave on your computer 24-7.

It’s a telephone/answerer by Nortel. It’s called Sprint Meridian 9716 (the # may be off).

It has a total of 30mins recording time, 12 mailboxes
(one general, one special and 10 regular). It is
capable of detecting distinctive ringing as well as
fax tone detection.

When a call comes in, it is directed to the “general mailbox”. The caller can be instructed to leave a message or press 1 (or 2,3,4 etc) for more info which will direct the caller to the particular mailbox.

In that mailbox you can leave a more detail (particular) message.

On top of that, it is capable of detecting distinctive ringing as well as fax tones.

If you subscribe to distinctive ringing ($5/month where I live) You can set this baby up on ONE telephone line
and make look like TWO lines with different telephone numbers AND have 12 mailboxes each capable of having
its own unique message.

I think this is what you are looking for.

You can get it at Radio Shack - Ask for the Sprint Meridian phone (as I stated before, it’s made by Nortel).

-Sheik

There are others cheaper, doing the SAME thing. - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on March 15, 1999 at 17:52:32:

I have this same phone system. It is GREAT! But, mine is called an “Ameritech 9516.”
I found the “Sprint Meridian” phone and almost bought it, but I forgot my checkbook at home that day.
So, the next day I went to return to purchase the phone, and saw the newspaper ad for “Office Depot”.
I went there, and saw the same phone with a different company logo on it, for about $100 less.
I have since seen many other phones exactly the same with different company logos on them.(Southwestern Bell, Ameritech, Sprint Meridian, AT&T, and some other off brand names)
Some manufacturer is obviously making this phone and selling it to these companies and they are selling it as there own all over the place.
They all have different prices. Shop around and you’ll get the same phone for a better price. I’m glad I did.
Having 12 mailboxes, a fax switch, and distinctive ring is a real bonus in this business. This phone also has some kind of “flash memory” so when the power goes out, it does not lose my messages or greetings.
hope this helps,
Jim