Foreclosure Auction & the people aren't leaving - Posted by Elvis (TX)

Posted by David Alexander on February 25, 1999 at 10:03:47:

You gotta understand Bud, If you knew him you would know He meant that Tongue and Cheek. The only drawback about the internet, we never know the personality or the inflection of the person posting.

David Alexander

Foreclosure Auction & the people aren’t leaving - Posted by Elvis (TX)

Posted by Elvis (TX) on February 24, 1999 at 17:00:02:

A house is going to the auction block on Tuesday. I have the inside track. I was in the property and made a good offer to the owner, but she declined because she thought she would get more from the auction. I know she does not plan on vacating the house willingly.

My questions are…
How long does it take to get possession of the home?

What procedure do I have to take to get her out of the home (eviction)?

I am in desparate need of answers.

Re: Foreclosure Auction & the people aren’t leaving - Posted by Krista(WA)

Posted by Krista(WA) on February 25, 1999 at 01:37:02:

I am working on getting an REO that is not listed yet. The previous owner was just removed last month and the Trustee sale was last March! Of course it was the bank who bought it, so they may have moved in slow motion… Just thought I’d share that since it seemed to apply.

Krista(WA)

Re: Foreclosure Auction & the people aren’t leaving - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 24, 1999 at 18:17:50:

If you are the winning bidder and after you have a recorded(certified) copy of the Trustee’s deed type a letter (3 day) demanding rent in the amount of FMV. Also state they have 30 days to move(Tx prop code). Send a copy certified mail. Take a copy to the occupant to see if they will pay. If not you have started the eviction process. After three days post a notice to vacate. After that you file a F&D at the JP court. After the court they usually 10 days for it to be final if they do not appeal. Consider paying them something to move instead of evicting.

What county are you taking advantage of this poor lady?

Re: Foreclosure Auction & the people aren’t leaving - Posted by Dave (CA)

Posted by Dave (CA) on February 25, 1999 at 09:36:40:

How is he taking advantage of her? He made her an offer which she refused and now she’s going to take her chances by letting the house go to auction. If he wins the auction, he buys the house and she has to move.

Re: Foreclosure Auction & the people aren’t leaving - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 25, 1999 at 18:58:54:

Yes, The comment was tongue in cheek. Anyone that buys from the foreclosure market is open to that accusation. The other way to look at it is you are giving her a better deal than any of the others. We also affectionately can the guys that buy on the courthouse steps, Ali Baba and the band of thieves. Lately some are bidding so high I’m not sure how they can make money.