Foreclosure Listings - Posted by Larry

Posted by John on April 04, 2006 at 15:22:10:

You would go to the registar and recorders office. It is the place all deeds and mortgages are recorded and filed for public record.
You would look for NOD’s (notice of default) or Lis Pendens depending on your state as to what they are called. It is the first step in the foreclosure process. From the date of notice till auction date varies by state form 60days to a year of more.

Foreclosure Listings - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on April 02, 2006 at 12:36:46:

Is there any other way to get foreclosure listings in my area besides having to pay a website so much money every week or month for the information? I know I could get with a realtor before they are listed in the MLS but I’m new at this and I need more time to evaluate the property since I will probably make some mistakes on my first deal.

Re: Foreclosure Listings - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 02, 2006 at 17:32:47:

The pay sites are ok I guess but I have found the info to be old and not up to date at all. The best way is to go to the courthouse and get the info yourself. It will be only hours old and you can be first in line. Be sure you know what you are doing with pre-foreclosures. You have to expend the effort it won’t just come to you. I have found agents are no help on foreclosures unless the seller comes to them to list.

Re: Foreclosure Listings - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on April 04, 2006 at 14:20:28:

Thanks John,
Exactly where should I look in my courthouse to find this info? Is there a list of some sort?