Foreclosures and Vacancies..... - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Les G. on January 13, 2001 at 02:29:07:

hmm. maybe i should keep quiet. Just picked one up in Pittsburg, Ca today. Granted that is one county away. We are buying 7 foreclosures a month in the bay area. But we are indeed at a record low.

For more picking check out Solano county. Vallejo…

But if you must continue to hunt Alameda County, just don’t overbid or if you do make sure to use up all your cash. (:

Foreclosures and Vacancies… - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on January 12, 2001 at 11:48:41:

I have been doing a lot of research trying to find properties to look at. I am in the process of getting some “bandit signs” made, but until I can I thought I would at least try looking for some homes to buy.

I have read a good portion of the posts here, and even tried a couple of suggestions. Here are my questions:

1. Looking for foreclosures at the County Recorders Office. This did not prove profitable at all, as there were no foreclosures in the county I live in. (Yes, I live in the Bay Area) Are foreclosures really a good investment? Or would be finding them prior to foreclosure be the best way to go?

2. With housing in “HIGH” demand here in the Bay Area, I am trying to find some neighborhoods to canvas to look for vacancies this weekend. What are some of the things that you look for to determine whether a property is truly vacant? If you find one that looks vacant, do you go and knock on the door or leave a business card? I guess I am just asking, what do I do?

Any suggestions to these questions would be appreciated. If they have been answered here before, and I am sure they have, please excuse the redundancy. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Fran CA

Re: Foreclosures and Vacancies… - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on January 12, 2001 at 18:16:05:

Fran, there’s got to be foreclosures in SF area. No county is immune no matter how “good the times”. did you check with the county Trustee’s office?

Re: Foreclosures and Vacancies… - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on January 12, 2001 at 18:30:22:

No, I just checked with the Alameda County Recorder’s office. I will check with the Trustee’s office and see if I find anything out.

Thank you for the help! :slight_smile: