Found 2 abandoned properties for flip potential but having a hard time finding investors to flip it to. - Posted by K. Williams

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on April 26, 2000 at 21:40:39:

Hi Kevin, We make a great deal of money from flips in the Atlanta area, so don’t give up! But, you shouldn’t look in the Yellow Pages for investors to flip to –

The folks that will buy your flips are probably easily found at your local REI Club (see button at top left of this page for national listings) and at your local auctions. Go to the REI Club and network, go to the auction and network (especially with the active bidders – they have access to cash).

Also might want to run a small ad in local paper: “Fixer-uppers, cheap, cash xxx-xxxx”

Oh and don’t let any investor get you down with stupid comments. There are lots of naysayers out there (even among veteran investors), just politely ignore them. And NEVER let someone destroy your confidence with stupid comments, just use it as a “silent challenge” to make lots of deals and prove yourself!!!

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Found 2 abandoned properties for flip potential but having a hard time finding investors to flip it to. - Posted by K. Williams

Posted by K. Williams on April 26, 2000 at 21:16:32:

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie of course and I am having a hard time finding investors to flip these two abandoned properties to. I went through the yellow pages and called at least 12 or more investors. I left voicemail messages and the ones I spoke to don’t deal with flipping property. Then there was one guy I spoke to that was rather impatient and said call me when you you find property that’s worth at least $150,000 then give me a call. So I figured a lot of investors today don’t want to be bother with flips too much anymore and maybe I got into this realestate thing too late. I thought this was something I want to do and well I don’t know anymore. I understand that pretty much that most people are out for this real estate business for themselves and it’s too competitive. I am not here to steal or use anyone’s idea I just wanted to see how profitable doing realestate could be. Maybe I asked the wrong questions or probaly went about this the wrong way. I’m sorry if this posting is so disappointing. It’s just that I was really turned off by the last investor and the way he spoke to me. I would appreciate anyone’s advice on this situation and encouragement. Thank you all.

K.Williams

P.S Was getting ready to send out these letters to the owners of the abanboned properties but withdrawing the letters and may have ask them the wrong questions stated in the letters.

Re: Found 2 abandoned properties for flip potential but having a hard time finding investors to flip it to. - Posted by Trump

Posted by Trump on April 27, 2000 at 16:46:13:

I do flips all the time. Your working to hard.First of all Never let an investor…realtor or anyone else bring you down. You’ll get there. Now… Run you an ad like this: HANDYMAN SPECIAL
CASH\CHEAP then your number…dont chane it!!! go man your phone…Let them make you the offers (cash offers) and ask them where they are getting their money. If they have it …they’ll tell you. Have them close you within 10 perferably 7 days. Get atleast a 500 non refundalbe binder at the time of signing. E-mail me with your results PLEASE. I love to see people do well .

Different types of investors - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on April 27, 2000 at 09:45:27:

I sympathize with you about getting started. There are different types of investors. You want the ones that do rehabs. Suggestions for finding them-Advertise a fixer up/all cash, ask the hard money lenders(harder to find for a newbie), network at a local real estate club, or Advertise for “mouse looking for elephant” or ever cruise the rehab areas in the papers or the streets looking for investor fixed property.

Wish you were here in Portland Or - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on April 26, 2000 at 22:58:57:

We are looking for good people like you under the 150K mark
Pat