Frozen in Orlando - Posted by Kacique

Posted by Mark K on October 02, 2003 at 06:39:33:

Tom, the restriction is that an individual can sell 1 MH per year without getting a liscense. But if you and your son are doing it together you can do 2 deals under each name and see if this is for you before you get a liscense oh by the way you need a surety bond as well. I am looking into the prices now. Mark

Frozen in Orlando - Posted by Kacique

Posted by Kacique on September 29, 2003 at 19:19:42:

Hello everyone … I am in Orlando and i’ve just been frozen in my tracks. After getting Lonnie’s Deals On Wheels I was ready to go! I’ve gone out and looked at some homes and was just about to make an offer when… I happened to stumble onto the site and saw all the posts of the Florida MH restrictions! :frowning: Now What!? Has anyone been able to do deals here without persecution? Anyone in Orlando? Anybody that can bring out the sun and warm me back up is welcomed to. Whyyyyyyy???..

Re: Frozen in Orlando - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 30, 2003 at 21:14:09:

Check the archives for posts by Ernest Tew (one of the moderators of this group). He’s in Florida and has been dealing successfully in parks and homes for decades. He uses a lease-with-option arrangement that functions as owner financing but precludes the dealer issues.
He also has his own web site at www.ernesttew.com
All the best, Lyal

Re: Frozen in Orlando - Posted by mark k

Posted by mark k on September 30, 2003 at 10:04:06:

Kacique, my name is mark and I am also in florida. Please email me privatly with your number we need to talk I am in tampa and I need to see where you found these restrictions maybe we can help each other. Mark

Re: Frozen in Orlando - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on October 01, 2003 at 20:42:10:

Kacique,
I’m also in Florida (east central),and need to know about the restrictions you mention. My son and I are just in the beginning stages of this business and want to start correctly. Thanks