FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by OHSteve

Posted by Randy on September 06, 2003 at 10:53:04:

From The respective web sites:
ForSaleByOwner.com’s Packages:

Per Month Plan: Price is $79.95 per month, which is automatically rebilled to your credit card every thirty days from the date you place the ad until you cancel the ad.

Unless it’s Zip Code specific…

FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by OHSteve

Posted by OHSteve on September 06, 2003 at 09:14:31:

I am looking to sell my house (not an investment property) and am contemplating using the services of either fsbo.com or forsalebyowner.com. Anybody know which gets more traffic/results?

Thanks.

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by Ron M

Posted by Ron M on September 07, 2003 at 23:04:52:

I own a company in Spokane, Wa called SpokaneByOwner.com and neither fsbo.com nor forsalebyowner.com can hold a candle to the traffic my customers get by advertising with a local firm in a local market.

I recommend looking for a local by owner firm to represent you. For one you will get local assistance, most likely from someone who is as professional as any real estate agent. Secondly, you will get more local traffic from a company who specializes in your area. The majority of homebuyers (85% plus) are already in your local market shopping for a property. Finally, going where the most number of local properties are listed for sale by owner will yield you greater interest by being networked with other local property owners in your area.

Please, let me know if you cannot find anyone local, as we are presently franchising OwnerListed.com across North America and looking for local franchisee prospects and the best markets to target.

Ron M (WA)

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on September 06, 2003 at 17:02:27:

Hi Steve,

I do not know where you are but I am a realtor in Ohio and most realtors in this area will not show a property that is listed with forsalebyowner.com why I am not sure. I will show all houses my job as a realtor is to help my clients find what they are looking for. I have seen many people miss out especially when interest rates were way down because their house was not viewed like listed properties.

Honestly, using a realtor will sell your house faster providing he/she markets it properly and most important prices it right. Pricing the house right is huge. If you do use a realtor don’t let them talk you into pricing it high and do a price reduction, the crucial time for a new listing is the first two weeks that is when every realtor in town will view it on the MLS, and if it is not priced right it will not get much attention. If you do a price reduction you have already lost majority of the qualified buyers.

I would think about it a little more, the only reason you want to FSBO is to save the commission right? You have ask yourself how motivated to sell am I.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on September 06, 2003 at 10:25:50:

I am told that fsbo.com is now owned by forsalebyowner.com. They purchase the domain name for an undisclosed amount. What you see on fsbo.com may be the same as forsalebyowner.com. Call them up and ask.

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 06, 2003 at 09:58:53:

OHSteve,

Randy is correct. Use both. Market your property as much as you can. The more exposure you get the quicker it will sell.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 06, 2003 at 09:29:40:

I don?t know which one gets more traffic, but for the small price $59/$79 respectively why not use both? Where is the property (city, state), some one here may be interested.

Re: FSBO.com or forsalebyowner.com?? - Posted by OHSteve

Posted by OHSteve on September 06, 2003 at 10:37:02:

I think it’s 399-569 for forsalebyowner.com and fsbo.com is 59, but another 495 to get it into the MLS. Am I reading this right? Where did you get the 59/79 price?

Thanks for the response.